daiwa harrier closed face reel

N

Nick King 2

i purchased a diawa harrier 123m closed face reel today from a car boot sale-in excellent condition and working order.i`ve managed to take off the metal collar that covers the spool and pin etc...but how do i release the line spool itself???
while i`m here,has anyone gotta spare spool they want to sell???

B

Big Rik

there are two covers over the spool
the first is the big black cover that twists into position, then below that, covering the spool, is a shiny metal cover that has the pins located in it.
this unscrews (hold handle and spin in the opposite direction)
The black spool below this quarter twists then lifts out.

S

Shrek

Like Rik said, it's a left hand thread, so do it up to undo it, if that makes sense.

N

Nick King 2

many thanks to you all....
problem sorted......
anyone gotta spare spool they wanna sell????

JEFF ARMSTRONG

Reaction score
HI I HAVE JUST GOT A DIAWA 123M REEL OF E BAY THE PUSH BUTTON WILL NOT RELAESE THE LINE CLIP THE BUTTON JUST RATTLES AROUND I DONT KNOW IF THERE SHOULD BE A SPRING OF SOME KIND IN SIDE THE BUTTON I HAVE TAKEN IT OFF BUT NOTHING THERE HOW CAN IF FIX

JEFF

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

I'D SEND IT BACK AND ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK IF THE BUTTON JUST RATTLES ROUND IT SEEMS LIKE ITS KNACKERED

Fishinglady

Reaction score
Hi all I’m having a huge problem putting new line on my diawa 120 closed face reel .. can anyone give me any tips please .. thanx all

rubio

Reaction score
Have you managed to remove the spool as described in earlier replies?

mikench

Reaction score
In the same way as an Abu. This might help.

At the point where you affix the spool you attach your line and reassemble winding on the line.