British Worm Breeders

D

Dave O'L

Just thought I'd pass on recent good experience I had with British Worm Breeders.
Some of you may remember the hot spell we had????? I was about to go on holiday & had 1 kilo of worms on order. Unfortunately the day they came the heat was excessive & it appears that the courier had unfortunately allowed them to become so distressed that by the next day I was heading for a 100% casualty rate (the smell!!!!).
I contacted BWB and was immediately offered a replacement batch, which was sent ASAP to the site I was staying on.
Thought good service such as this should be worth a mention.

As far as the fishing has gone not too many opportunities to go & the amount of new water in the lake unsettling, but yet good news, in a way. I caught some decent eels from Windermere. Although only occasionally visiting I had not seen any for 4 years & used to catch them all day.
My 2-year-old caught her 1st fish, a beautiful gold & red spotted 1/2 lb. brownie form a tarn. Okay she needed a bit of a hand with it but still..... her 5-year-old sister & I blanked that day????
So this week hope for an Irish salmon & a bass or 2?
Hope everyone else is doing ok & haven't been washed away?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Hi Dave,
good to see you posting mate, hope all's well. The young uns always upstage the experienced parents in this sport don't they?

How much did BWB charge for a kilo and what size were they?

D

Dave O'L

Hi Rodney good to see your ever changing image again. You just caught me just as I'm packing the car (again). I come to you courtesy of my mother?s broadband (the luxury life of the silver surfer).

In answer to your question, large Dendos at ?24 for the kilo including delivery. I realise they are at the upper end in price but I haven?t been let down by them, they come in a good bucket & I find I can transport them around fine & they survive in good order. I realise 1 chap will do a tube??? for ?14 but have had no experience hence low confidence.
It's 2 weeks later & I've got 3/4 of them left & they appear to be doing well (cross fingers).

I realise I can dig some lobs but getting enough is a problem as the good weather (remember that) drove them down. Also when in Ireland if my mate & I get a green light & the spate is on we would be wasting good fishing time.

Think I'm going to invest in one of their worm banks for the future?

Now back to the packing & thoughts of how to outwit my 2 daughters on the bank. Come on you Rebel Cork Salmon!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cheers Dave,
you do realise that no matter what you do there will only one of the group outwitted :eek:)

Enjoy the rest of your trip, I think starting the wormbank sounds a good idea. I have a large toy box filled with growbags, tea leaves, and kitchen scraps with dendrabeinas that have survived and mulitiplied for a few years now, just thinking about toping up with some fresh breeding stock ooooohhhh aarrrrr.

D

Dave O'L

Chavender sorry for the delay, I'm just having a quick look on my mates pc.
number you want is 01724 782818.

The worm bank is I think &20 & Rodney if you have the 'need to breed'? they do 1/4 kilo of tiddlers for @ &8 inc delivery. This equates to @ 1000 worms which the chap tells me will have grown on in @ 2 months. Obviously this idea is more for a pleasure man as match man would probably use the lot in a morning session??????

Anyway I must prepare for a dawn session tomorrow. I will not go out & drink too much and guiness & whiskey and go to bed at 4.00 a.m.

Cheers

R

Rodney Wrestt

Thanks Dave the little uns seem a good deal as I've got plenty o' hookers....ahem, that'll last me for a while yet.

All the best.

J

jason fisher

that just means you're going to go out drink to much guinness and whiskey and not go to bed at all dave.

D

Dave O'L

Ah ha Jason I did get out at dawn but I don't think there were any fish in the pool. Thing was when I wrote the message I was still recovering from the night before?
I did get an all time best though. I was fishing a 6 with 4 large worms on. The float dipped once before shooting under. result a 3 inch brownie????????????
Ithought that couldn't be beaten until yesterday. final day with my mate doing some explority feathering. the 40 grm perk I use for weight & bonus was 'taken' by a flounder no bigger than half a playing card??????
This same pirk also took along with some decent pollock a 4" wrasse a few days previous. Someone tell me what's going on????