leslies of luton

M

michael rouse

Has anyone else on here had problems with these ridiculos fools?I repeated what flavour bait i wanted at least 10 times and checked it over at the end......they still sent the wrong ones after phoning me back asking what it was i wanted. Ruined my fishing plans for later on in the week so dont order from these idiots!

Wouldnt mind if this happened once but twice in a row.I couldnt have made it clearer......they even sent the wrong size boilies. Almost 30 quid wasted. They wont even give me a refund without making me pay for delivery!

W

Wolfman Woody

"but twice in a row"

remember this "If a man makes a fool of me once, it is his fault. If he makes a fool of me twice, it is my fault." - rough paraphrasing of Dr Samual Johnson's remark.

A Wayne

Reaction score
Why not use the website, then they've got it in writing?

They've been great with everything I've ordered.

M

michael rouse

On the order form(invoice)it had what i ordered but they still sent the wrong stuff.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Some time ago I phoned this mob for some hooks. My local shop had run out of them. I wanted 100 Drennan Continentals. The little arrogant ***** wanted to know what I wanted them for. I told him for barbel fishing.

He wanted then to sell me another brand of hook I had never heard of, telling me the Drennans were no good.

I dropped the phone on him after telling him his fortune. He had probably never caught a barbel in his life. Don't know of any in Luton.

Neil Howard 4

Reaction score
Michael why deal with a shop in Luton when there are so many in the northwest? Britains aquatic superstore.northwest angling centre etc etc.

C

Cakey

LOL are brill best shop in the world
love em
they spend time with you
nothing is to much trouble

Keep up the good work LOL

Charlie Boy

Reaction score
They can't be as bad as Swifty's. I ordered an item from them over the net on 7th August, 5 emails & 6 phone calls later do I have my kit, do I bo****ks !!!

I will never use them again, tomorrow if my items do not arrive I will be requesting a full refund and when I am next in London I will go in and tell them face to face exactley what I think off them !!!

I feel a bit better now . . .

F

Frothey

people moan about the tackle box's prices...at least you get what you ordered, and if not they sort it at their cost.....

R

Ron Troversial Clay

J&K Tackle in Bicester are the best mail order shop of the lot.

Ask for dear old nervous Merv.

M

Mel Crighton

He's so nervous that if he hears Rons voice he has a breakdown , but , then again it happens to most people with out being nervous.;)

S

Steve Shaw 3

Glad I read this, I was just about order a bucket load of bait

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I ordered two Insight barbel landing nets yesterday, and paid for yesterday, which you can't buy from anywhere else. I'll report back how long they take to arrive.

W

Wolfman Woody

Agghh the old man's had a taste of 14lbers and wants a net to match them now!!!

heheh! Nice one Graham! Let us all know what you think of them - I'm sure you will.

J

jason fisher

graham will get the best service possible from them, he's bound to for the simple reason there can't be that many graham marsdens about. the people there most likely know about this site and won't want a bad review.

W

Wolfman Woody

I was catching the smallest fish in the river yesterday, minnows!!!

Honestly! Every year I take the old car in for its MOT and spend the day fishing a little back stream of the Thames at Cookham. It's interesting to see what the stocks are like in there, but needless to say most of the dace have disappeared. Still we caught 7 species - minnow, bleak, some dace, gudgeon, perch, roach, chub and saw two small barbel (2 lbers about) and a pike. Not bad for a little backwater, the life blood of the Thames.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Jason, not necessarily. The online ordering is automated and whoever packs the orders for shipping may not even be an angler. But sure, what you say should be considered as a possibility.

It didn't work with Fishtec last week when I ordered two fly lines, they took over a week to arrive in spite of it saying on the front of the catalogue, 'Next Day Delivery'.

S

sash

The only problem I've ever encountered with Leslies is that you aren't made aware of an out of stock item until the parcel arrives which can be frustrating if it's something needed desperately that can't be purchased locally. The best I've come across for communication is The Tackle Box but they are expensive.