40lb Carp

leonid gregoryvich

Reaction score
Hi

I want to catch a 40. What buzzers and bivvy would you recommend, and how much should i spend on a rod and reel?

jp

Reaction score
Don't waste your time with any rod costing less than ?1000, and at least ?500 for the reel.

In fact I have just the outfit I can let you have for that price, I'll even throw in a recipe for when you've caught it.

A haircut would definitely help too, but I can't help with that.

T

The Monk

The wrong bivvy can also have a significant effect on your catch, no self respecting 40lb carp would be seen dead posi9ng in front of a cheap bivvy

Errrr Mr Gregorvich

your not going to eat it are you?

M

MaNick

Also, you need a VERY powerful rod... at least 6lb test curve... use a multiplyer reel, try to get hold of a shark fishing set up.
Obtain 6 large oil drums

Tie your FOX bedchair to a large piece of wood, and then strap yourself to the bedchair.

Cast out large rig, made up of 4, 35mm boilies, and a size 1/0 hook. Use a long wire trace, and 40lb line.

One you have hooked your 40, tie on the oil barrels one at a time, until all 6 are flying round the lake or river at enourmous speed. At this point there must be enough of a fight to wrench you and your bedchair out of the bivvy...

shout a lot and act like a mad man...

as the 40lb carp nears the bank, lift the rod, and throw a fire extinguisher into it's gob.

You now have a nicely cooked 40lb carp, ready to feed you all of your friends...

Hope you find this some help.

M

MaNick

hold on... not a fire extinguisher, a gas bottle, and you have to shoot it...

iv'e lost the plot!...

tehe!

S

Steve Shaw 3

I have to seriously disagree here, If you shot the gas bottle the carp will disintegrated into lots of little pieces, It just wont work. Better to pull up a electrified underwater cable and get carpy to bite on it for about 20 mins, that should do it.

J

jason fisher

alternatively you could wire up the gas bottle with a little electronic remote control which when activated would open the valve fully, then when the fish got it in it's mouth it would fly out of the lake jet powered thus reducing the time it takes to bank it to a minimum.

S

Stuart Dennis 2

Use a pole, size 24 hook and single pinkie, that'll do it!

S

Shrek

Stu, is that with a no.2 or a no.4 elastic?

Mind you, isn't that the better set up for "ducking"?

S

Stuart Dennis 2

Argh Ducking, those were the days Adrian!

FYI- Definitely a no.2

M

MaNick

Yes... A No.2 elastic for sure!

Threaded up the middle of 6 scaffold poles, welded together and suspended above the lake by a crane!...

C

Cakey

pole ,24 hook and single maggot....I thought that was for 50's....can it be adapted for 40's ?