banjo feeder

nicky

Reaction score
Whilst doing a bit of surfing i came across the banjo feeder and thought it looked a good idea, it is another variation on the method feeder but designed for a specific purpose i.e when forced to use a fisherys own pellets that dont bind very well on a method feeder. Just made two different size ones and took me no longer than 10 mins what with the ridiculous price of method feeders well worth a try. If you type banjo feeder into google you can find some step by step instructions with pictures on maggot drowners

nicky

Reaction score
Tried the banjo feeder for the first time on a runs carp water although not as easy as a commercial last two matches won with 40lb carp and bream with many other trailing way behind. Well i had my best day ever with 15 carp, plus lost 5, including a 15.5lber excellent method.
Basically I cut the lid off a container like a large detergent bottle top so that you're left with a round flat based bowl about 2cm deep, I cut a piece of lead sheet so that it was round and would fit perfectly in the base of the bowl and glued in place, made two holes either side of the bowl with a soldering iron, inserted some tube that would take a size 8 swivel but would release easily to make it semifixed and glued that in place. you can pack bait into the base nice and tight imprint a small indent with your thumb to place your hook bait in pack some more bait ontop now over the top level of the bowl slightly cast out and wait for the wrap around. it castsperfect

Last edited: