boil food in a bag

Paul Salters

Reaction score
Iv just found on the internet a nice range of meals you can boil in a bag. Its called (look what we found ), stupid name but looks realy good stuf , im going to try some and if ok i will let you know, they have 25% off at the moment, you dont need a cool bag and it keeps 12 months £2.24 a 300gram meal and i ordered 6 and postage was £4.95 if it good im going to stock up, as offer ends June 30th a nice cumbrian lamb hotpot on the bank, if your like me fed up of sandwiches

Reaction score
I have tried them. I took a couple on the trent fish in last year. They are not 'boil in the bag' though - you empty the contents into the pan and re-heat.

The lamb hot pot was very nice. It was as good as a fresh stew, not sloppy or salty like tinned stuff.

However, one is a bit small, so you either need 2 (expensive) or something to go with it.

I had mine with some couscous (empty contents into a pan, add boiling water, soak for 5 mins DONE!)

The Bone Collector

Reaction score
In my fanatical carp days when nothing else seemed to matter cooking was my pet hate. It wasn't so much the cooking but the blo*dy washing up afterwards.

Then I discovered boil in the bag kippers, oh joy, loaf of bread and kippers was all I existed on for years and importantly no more washing up.

Kippers for breakfast, lunch, tea (northern for dinner) and supper.

If I wanted a bit more variety then throw a couple a eggs in.

A three day session would require one or two trade packs of kippers and 2 or 3 loaves sliced of course and half a dozen eggs.

Looking back cooking was simply a distraction which took up valuable concentration of fishing time and the less it took to cook the better.

I recognise and applaud those who take the time and trouble to cook and some of the stuff I have seen cooked on the bankside would not be out of place on MasterChef.

Then I have seen the opposite end of the scale with Spiders attempts of what he loosley describes as food.

If you think my kipper diet was nutritionally poor then let me take you back 30 years ago when I and a few friends spent a week on the hampshire Avon. We were camping only yards away from the river just below Ringwood on the Severals stretch.

For the full seven days Spiders existed on nothing but tins of Heinz vegetable salad straight out of the tin. No washing up, no cooking just a fork.

I think that the effects of the endless tins of vegetable salad eventually started take its toll and effect him.

As I tucked into yet another pack of boil in the bag kippers and George was munching on his sausage butties Spiders developed a strange gleam in his eye. :confused:

It reminded me of the old Charlie Chaplin classic 'The Gold Rush' where two starving prospectors were snowbound in a log cabin with nothing to eat. Due to lack of food the big guy who was absolutey ravenous started to hallucinate and saw poor Charlie as a huge cooked turkey chasing him around with a huge meat cleaver in his hand. :eek:

Spiders culinary skills are legendary, if you do ever fish with him then I would advise you to ignore his offer of " Leave it to me I'll knock something up" or at least stash some stuff away..... I assure you, you won't be sorry.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Spiders culinary skills are legendary,

He also has a knack for getting dog sh it in other people's cars.

I must say, I do enjoy a bit of bank side cooking.

Disposable BBQs are great (no washing up).

Here's a favourite of mine; BBQ lamb steaks with courgette, rosemary and garlic.

here's what you need:
1 lamb leg steak
1 courgette
2 cloves garlic
2 sprigs gresh rosemary (or dried)
Olive oil
2 small plastic food bags

At home before you leave:

Crush the garlic cloves
Chop the rosemary
Put half of each into each plastic bag
Put 1 tablespoon olive oil into each bag
Slice the courgette lengthways then in half
Put the courgette in one bag and teh lamb in the other.
Shake each one a bit to mix things up
Knot each bag and stick them in the fridge to marinate.

One the bank side put your meat (careful now!) onto the BBQ.
About half way through cooking put the courgettes.

Eat with some bread, potatoes or spicey couscous.
Wash down with a nice Pinotage or Merlot.

Enjoy

coelacanth

Reaction score
Iv just found on the internet a nice range of meals you can boil in a bag. Its called (look what we found ), stupid name but looks realy good stuf , im going to try some and if ok i will let you know, they have 25% off at the moment, you dont need a cool bag and it keeps 12 months £2.24 a 300gram meal and i ordered 6 and postage was £4.95 if it good im going to stock up, as offer ends June 30th a nice cumbrian lamb hotpot on the bank, if your like me fed up of sandwiches

They're available at Sainsbury's, worth looking for them to be on offer there as well.

preston96

Reaction score
I dunno how true it is but i heard that Graham took his colostomy bag off one day whilst on a long fishing trip.......it was full and he was going to empty it when he had a run.

Ed boiled it up thinking it was a boil in the bag stew and and mopped it up with half a loaf :w

preston96

Reaction score
HAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

Ed is also partial to a bit of bacon cooked in Spider's snot. He says it makes it extra salty.

I turfed a "bad" sausage out of the frying pan at a fishin.........Ed fetched it out of the grass, spat on it to clean it and ate it!!

Mind you he wont eat those filthy curries :rolleyes:

Reaction score
cock_sausage.jpg

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score
The sausage out of the mud (it wasn't bad just burnt)
The snot sodden bacon
The colostomy bag
The pork pie that Graham trod on with cowshit boots
The handful of dendrebenas (for a 90 french franc bet)

I have to admit ......ALL TRUE !!!!!!! (and no ill effects)

But I HATE that horrible Indian curry garbage !!!!
That gives you wild sh ites

Last edited:

Morespiders

Reaction score
Spiders culinary skills are legendary, if you do ever fish with him then I would advise you to ignore his offer of " Leave it to me I'll knock something up" or at least stash some stuff away..... I assure you, you won't be sorry.

Thats the thanks for doing you all a Lidel's breakfast at Ernies every Christmas is it?.
Even with added drippings its not good enough?, well next year you can do it, cos im not coming, up yours

preston96

Reaction score
Thats the thanks for doing you all a Lidel's breakfast at Ernies every Christmas is it?.
Even with added drippings its not good enough?, well next year you can do it, cos im not coming, up yours

You tell em! i bet they are gutted now! :wh