linear carp

B

big boy

What are linear carp?.
I know what common, mirror, grass, koi and leather are but can't recognise linear carp.

Can anyone help me please.

Matthew harvey

Reaction score
Linears have a set of mirror scales which run in a line directly down the linear line on the side of the fish and it has no scales anywhere else. Relatively rare.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

The only scales they have normally run along the lateral line.

J

jason fisher

big boy in reply to your message you sent me, look at the post about the irish pike.

T

The Monk

The Linear or Line Carp as it was formerly known simply refers to a line of scales, usually found along the lateral line, all these carp are of course only varieties and genetic throw backs of cyprinus carpio, the same specie, of the King Variety, genetically modified for the table. If left untouched,
the gene pool should revert back to fully scaled commons (or at least thats the theory)basically mirrors, linears, leathers ect are genetically modified freaks and bear no resemblance to their true Sp phenotype

W

Wolfman Woody

Yeh, but some are pretty eh Monk?

Even though I'm not a big fan of mirrors including linears, they can be handsome fish. In the Koi world I think they call them Deutz patterns or something similar. They're highly prized fish when the scaling is perfectly formed.