Rod Licence

S

Shrek

Looking around the web the other day for some trout fishing venues and came across one that made me sit up and take notice.

Looking down the prices of tickets etc, they stated that a valid rod licence had to be produced in order to purchase your day ticket. All well and good I thought, about time something like this happened.

The next thing I read said "If you haven't got a rod licence, you can pay an extra ?5 and fish under our licence cover". Now, call me naive, but I've never heard of anything like this before.

Is it legitimate, or are they pulling a fast one? Not that I'm going to fish there, just struck me as odd, that's all.

W

Wolfman Woody

???????????????????????

Not so sure Adrian. I've heard about it before, but it's one day's fishing and a One Day EA licence is only ?3.25 off the net (I think) so who gets the extra if this is the case?

It's easy to say "Avoid it", but they're reeling in punters who don't know and never reference sites like FM where they'll find out. There's a mugger around every corner and many of them are legal!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

They probably just sell you a one day EA licence and charge the extra for the service...

J

jason fisher

they're ripping people off charging them ?5 for a ?3.25 licence, while looking helpful to the people who don't know, i.e. novices the people most like ly to be without a licence.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
All the above is spot on, ?1.75 administration costs is what they would probably say if questioned, it makes it soung more legal.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
This is another of those group licence situations isn't it, like when I posted about New Forest Water Park, no licence required, the price of the day ticket also covered you for a licence. These people have took it a step further and charging seperately.

Milo

Reaction score
What's the problem? I think it's a good idea myself, you are paying for the convenience. You should have bought the license in advance anyway, so you have to expect to pay a bit extra, it's up to you to do the research...

J

jason fisher

so you are saying you don't mind paying 53% over the odds for a service.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The more these people rip anglers off the sooner they will get found out, and the sooner they will go out of business.
It makes you wonder what other underhand stunts they are pulling.

J

jason fisher

charging 10 quid for a fivers worth of ground up fish and eggs with sweetie flavourings added for a start.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not accuseing anybody in particular,
but I was also thinking on the lines of the legality of the fish stocks some of these people have in their waters.
Find these people out and put them on your blacklist.

B

Big Rik

47%, not 53......derrrrrrr

if you buy it from the EA they charge you 8% anyway.

As previously stated, this may well be covered under a group/water covering permit, if not they may well sell you a licence on site.

M

Mel Crighton

I had an email the other day from a disabled person that visited a fishery and the owner wanted to charge him ?10 a day when others were paying ?7 a day when ask why he was told that because of the cost he incurred in putting in swims for the likes of himself he can ask for extra to cover the cost, my contact was in a wheelchair, not to say this person has been reported for his illegal practice.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviousely not doing it from the kindness of his heart then.
He needs to have his head sorted out. (Before Oct 1st)

J

jason fisher

?1.75 is 53% of ?3.25 or does 1.75/3.25 not equal 0.53, in which case i've forgotten how to do basic maths as well as basic mechanics this week.
1.625 is definitely half of 3.25 anyway so i think it might be difficult for a number which is greater than this to be less than 50% of the final number.
so nerrr.

W

Wolfman Woody

So sorry Sensei Rik-san, I think Jason is right on this occasion and the 8% is already covered in the ?3.25, I believe.

B

Big Rik

d'oh

<rik exits stage left with tail firmly between legs>

but I do agree with Milo, you are paying for the convenience and your own laziness.

Why pay ?10 for boilies, you can make your own for ?2.
Why pay Tescos to deliver your shopping?
Why pay ?3.50 for 20 PVA bags, when you can buy a sheet to make 100 for a fiver?
Why pay the post office to deliver your mail?

Convenience.

You can't blacklist people for providing a service.
or maybe you can. Baz already has them as illegal fish stockers.

C

Chris Bishop

I agree with Rik. Probably cost you more to go down the Post Office to buy one. Might also save a few impulse anglers - weather's nice today, let's go fishing - from getting their collars felt.

I mean everything else we buy has the price inflated to one degree or another. It's called their profit margin.