Maver Pole

L

Lee Poultney

Anyone heard of the Maver 13m Blue Sphere Pole?

When was it released and how does it rate?

Cheers

W

Wolfman Woody

Released maybe 5-6 years ago, quite an old pole and very good in it's day, I heard.

I take it you've seen one for sale at a bargain price. Newer poles carry a much lower RRP, the tackle industry started wising up, a little. So when you compare it to something newer, look for one around ?200 less in RRP.

Example: In 1995 I was handed an 11 metre pole to test with an RRP of ?400 with no spare tops to it, it was as it came and reasonable priced then. Today you can buy an 11 metre Maiver Moby ****, a cracking pole, with a spare top two for ?130 and I have seen it advertised for less than ?100.

chal9

Reaction score
I can't help you with the Blue Sphere but if your after a cheap Maver pole the Reality takes some beating at ?200 (ignore the rrp).It's a strong and usable pole although it can be a bit of a back breaker with the last section on.But you can't moan too much for ?200.

Charlie Boy

Reaction score
I had a cheap Browning pole, about 50 quid, to learn with, 9.5 mtr, nice little pole, running 12 elastic through the top two.

Recently tried a Moby **** - it's like using a pole costing around two grand (although I've never tried one for two grand) the difference is unbelievable !

I've bought one, cost 130 quid but I have since seen them for 99.99 like Cheeky Monkey at www.mullarkeys.co.uk with a spare top two !

Well worth a look, I can't rate it highly enough - until someone passes me a two grand pole to try !!!

Good luck