Newbie in East Sussex

smufter

Reaction score
Good morning all.
Just wanted to introduce myself. Name is Rob and I live on the coast in East Sussex.
Just a pleasure angler who enjoys nothing more than an early morning session on a nice stillwater fishing for Tench/Carp.
Have just joined Hastings & Bexhill Angling Society and have recently caught my PB Tench of 6lb 2oz from one of their waters.
Used to love fishing as a youngster but then work, kids and other hobbies got in the way. Just taken it up again big time and spent a small fortune on new tackle.
Looking forward to picking up a few hints and tips along the way.
Thanks for reading
Rob

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score
I'll give you a tip! Don't sit at the water's edge when they open the lock gates on the Haven in January! Some ****** damn near drowned me on there once. The water came up six foot in about 3 minutes. Welcome to FM.

smufter

Reaction score
Thanks very much for the welcome. Enjoying myself looking around the site and reading some good instructional bits and pieces and taking onboard some good advice.
Managed to get out this morning, blisteringly hot. Visited a local pond, nothing happening on the bottom but the heat had got the carp patrolling the margins so switched tactics. Luckily I had some bread with me and caught three carp crusting, the largest of which was about 8lb.
Then came home and watched the football
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(