Making boilies soft again

C

Carping Hooligan

i found a couple of kilos of boilies in the closet before and they have gone rock hard. How can I make them soft again?

B

Big Rik

have a search for rehydrating baits through the forum.

clue: hemp water...

M

Malcolm Bason

"i found a couple of kilos of boilies in the closet before and they have gone rock hard. How can I make them soft again?"

Which boilies are they mate?

As well as the above suggestions, you may wish to rehydrate them with a similar flavouring! For example, if the are active-8, use activator!

F

Frothey

wouldnt be very subtle would it? water it down a bit maybe?

neat salmon oil on fishmeals....but only if your the only one doing it...

M

Malcolm Bason

Depends though on the boilies frothey!

I only gave active-8 as an example, cos I could'nt think of anything else at the time. LOL.

With a so-called HNV bait, I would'nt personally do it, but with an 'instant' - yes, go for the big flavours.

F

Frothey

got to make the kiddies think first ;)

i remember the method mix someone came out with in a mag a few years ago.....something along the lines of 5kg response pellets, 3 bottles of activator, bottle of hookbait enhancement, condensed milk and a few other bits and bobs. thats well over ?50 for the method mix......better be good!

F

Frothey

out of interest, why do you want to make them soft? they'll be pretty soft within 30 mins of going in the water, and some baits go crumbly when re-hydrated.

one of the origional reasons was to mask silt smells, but then bloodworm smell of silt, dont they?

C

Cakey

suppose you could just wack one on a hair and lob it out.............

J

jason fisher

thought you were going to say whack em with a meat tenderiser then.
if they are really really really hard why not just drill one before you stick it on the hair.