Summer time footwear help.

jcs

Reaction score
Hi All
With the wet dew on the bank's for them early morning start's in the summer and the last thing you need is wet feet for hour's.
Just wondered what you find the best footwear for this time of year or do you wear hiking boots.
(got muckboots for the winter which are spot on)

Any help would be great for keeping your feet dry and cold in the warmer months.

Nigel (manu31999)

slime monster

Reaction score
I have a pair of old boots made from thin soft almost suede leather ..similar to the desert boot that was once popular ,they are reasonably water proof and worn with thin socks cool to wear......but then I am a tight b'stard..:cool:

Deanos

Reaction score
Go for the walking boots, the bankside growth is lethal when its stamped down a bit with dew on morn or evening, least thats what my mate said after he had slipped into his swim last week, whilst in his trainers!
Also better to have good ankle support if you are yomping over the fields and jungle forna on the banks.

Stick_Float

Reaction score
Carrier bags on my feet inside my trainers has done the trick for me on a few occasions until the dew goes!

You get some odd looks though, but it's cheap!

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
Jesus sandles.

Well it is Sunday.

Usually hicking boots, though have taken sandles to change into later when it gets very warm.
Alternatively, sandles with neoprene socks when wet. Remove socks when it gets warm.

Used to have a pair of Line 7 gortex walking boots, sole didn't last long as they were only on thin side.

klik2change

Reaction score
Desert boots. I don't mind getting my feet wet with the dew. I am also happy to wade in them in warm weather. They have a good tread - they are supposed to be for walking - and cost me £12-99 from Amazon.

frippe

Reaction score
I have some of the lightweight Karrimors from sports direct £20 they cost perfect for my fishing.