Monument fishery

Peter West

Reaction score
Don?t know if anybody interested but Monument tickets went on sale yesterday for next year, phone was engaged from 8am managed to get through about dinner for two days next April, has any body been yet or going,

B

Big Rik

Probably not Peter, I think most people realised it was a very expensive way to catch doubles, if anything at all.

Probably not a lot of peoples idea of a well managed and ideal fishery either.

F

Frothey

between 20 and 30 fish a week coming out.
15 swims x 7 days = 105 people per week (not bad at ?30 a time!) - but then rob hardly needs the money does he! - not exactly stunning catches are they? 3 30's 8 twenties 13 doubles in a good week.....better off buying a decent season ticket.

F

Frothey

BUT

good luck peter, we're just being snobby suverners....

Peter West

Reaction score
Cheers Frothey, yes it is dear but thought i would give it a try, and treat myself 50th next year, hoping to go to France, thinking of trying Nash place over there

Peter West

Reaction score
Why Whats wrong with Nash place, please tell me before i go and book it, only picked this out so i can fly there, only got old banger of car think the trip would finish it off.

B

Big Rik

I think if you spoke to the people who got free trips to Nashys place, then they wouldn't go back.

Try for one of the trips that pick you up.

Rainbow lakes etc etc
Or get a group together and get your lift that way (like wol)

F

Frothey

i didnt get a free trip, and i wont go either!

it allegedly appears that he possibly might've upset some locals. maybe. allegedly.

D

Deecy

Peter find a nice water near you that is quiet with a few decent fish, pleasant to fish and spend your money on bait.Enjoy.

S

Sean Kemp 2

went to the hole in the ground, "the monument", last week, not to fish though, just to have a look, not impressed, the list of rules is stupid, you can't use your own landing net, unhooking mat, scales, wiegh sling, add to this that when you hook into one, they have cameras watching the lake, as soon as the office see you put a bend in the rod, out comes some spotty little twat with a camera round his neck carrying a landing net and nets the fish for you.
the lake itself doesn't impress neither, ok, there's features underwater, but nobody seems to have given a rats ass about the surrounding bank, for all intense and purpose it's a square hole in the ground, better take some 1oz leads as well because it's tiny, when seen on tv it looks a lot bigger.............give me a picturesqe estate lake any day

S

Stuart Dennis 2

Sounds ideal for Roto? is there any decent sized weed for him?

moley

Reaction score
i was bored, so i decided to check out baleys down the road from the monument, just curiosity i suppose.