hate stock lakes

billy read

Reaction score
i agree, its a pain in the ass going to fish farms , and pulling out pasties all day long, its much more fun to go to a nice way out lake, thats untouched by 24/7 anglers, how borin,,,,i would rather go to a lake and sit there for twelve hours and catch one nice big fat carp,,

M

michael rouse

12 hours is nothing.I sat at a lake three days for a proper carp.Could have gone to a fish farm but i hate the scally infested wastelands........wouldnt leave my tackle out at a fish farm.

M

MaNick

3 days is nothing..... I once sat at a lake for 3 years for a proper carp.....

And i still didn't get one!....

turns out my boilie fell off!!!!!

J

jason fisher

used to fish one lake and the catch rate averaged out at 120 hours per fish.

T

The Monk

MaNick, I think your better off recasting at least once a year mate?

billy read

Reaction score
well i was told that in my local lake, there were only small carp up to 15 lbs, until i pulled out a 29 lb common , and so i kept it quiet, and now my local non fished park lake has given me my record fish 42 lb and 8 oz, and to think some people go to france and come home with smaller fish and ?700.00 down,,,,,,,,,,,
beat that all you pole fishing pasti men..........................................................................

F

Frothey

thats fantastic billy, not many unknown/uncaught 40's in the uk.it would be fantastic if you could get a few pics on here, dont need to name the lake or anything.would've thought the bait/tackle manufacturers would go lala over a fish like that...

J

jason fisher

i know where there's a relatively unknown very close to 40 fish, he he he heeeee.

well done billy.

M

michael rouse

How do you know when they are unknown forties.Just because it says that there are carp to fifteen lbs in the lake........When people ask me what im catching I ususally tell them nothing or one or two.

F

Frothey

all the lakes down here have 40's in michael, they are like a northern 15lb'er....

B

Big Rik

The only reason there are bigger carp down south Michael, is because we are 20 years ahead of you lot.

Our lakes were stocked with carp in the 70's and 80's, because your clubs and waters were run by matchman, nobody had the foresight to stock them with a sensible amount of good quality carp.
We are jusr reaping the rewards of forward planning 20 odd years ago.

it doesn't matter if you fished up north or down south, you'd still be a gobby little teenager, with no respect for your elders and betters.

M

michael rouse

I cant see how it would alter the difficulty of the fishing just because your lakes were stocked earlier though apparently they are.

B

Big Rik

according to who Michael?

would that be the xenophobic retards around your local lake, who feel penis envy when they look in magazines and see southern anglers clutching 30's and 40's and they are desperately trying to justify their PB of 15lb?

A good angler will always be a good angler and an average one will always be average.
The only people who think carping in the south is easy are the people who have never fished here.

M

michael rouse

But what if you know people who have fished there and have found it easier to catch bigger fish.

B

Big Rik

can you not understand that's it's just people making excuses for their own inadequacies?

J

jason fisher

as you know rik i come from up north and i've got to admit a similarly sized carp does seem more difficult to catch in the north than a southern one, a southern 30 is not an easy fish to catch by any means but the fish i was after when i was younger were nigh on impossible to get anywhere near.

there is one possible explanation for this phenomenon, and that is water temperature, a difference of one or two degrees in a lake temperature can make a hell of a lot of difference to a carps need to feed, it could just be down to the fact that northern waters don't get warmed as early in the year as southern ones so the carps growing cycle is that much shorter, plus the ultimate temperature of similarly sized lakes in the two locations is likely to differ by the odd degree, so the carp just don't get as hungry.

B

Big Rik

and how does that make them easy to catch?

I agree jason, as well as better fisheries management, we do have a slightly warmer climate, thus producing bigger fish, but to suggest that makes them easier to catch is ludicrous.

It is probably statistically easier to catch a 30 from Essex, than it is from Yorkshire, but that does not necessarily mean that the Essex 30 is easy to catch.

I've caught more 20lb commons from lancashire than I ever have from Essex.