Fishery reviews/write-ups

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Passing through a small village nearby this afternoon, I saw a couple of cars parked near a small pond, thought I'd have a walk around, and have a natter. Both the anglers, (they were'nt together), had travelled approx 20/25 mile to fish. The pond is known locally for producing an abundance of small fish. Both told me that they had come to the pond after a write-up in the angling press. Carp to 20lb plus, large bream. By coincidence, after a further journey of 20 mile, another car turns up, the anglers in this car had the article with them Firstly, you would never have recognised the pond from the photograph, secondly, I've lived around here for 22 years and have never heard of 'big fish' coming from the pond. The two anglers who were fishing, had both had bit's, the latecomers left after a walk round protesting about the state of the place, banks, pegs etc:. Have you ever fished following a review, and how did you fare, disappointed or delighted ????.

M

Mel Crighton

Merv, I have done this many time when I started out, looking for new interesting places,some I have found to be good, but one in particular (I won't mention the name) failed to mention that the car park was 3/4 mile from the first lake and the furtest lake was 1 1/2 miles away dthese lakes were down a track in the centre of a wooded area not to mention the the steep bank down it was more like a bomb crater that had filled with water and someone had put some fish in it, not to say I have not been back, the source of the info AM.say no more.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I expierienced this only a couple of times, but they wont catch me out with their duff information again. Usually in the winter I have a look at any new waters I might be fishing.

M

Mel Crighton

Found my little piece of heaven on Earth and I am not going to tell just anyone only trusted friends, =(;0)

S

si

july last year i think in iycf a place called golden ponds was reveiwed and it said how freindly it was with plenty of fish to go at

under the list of best baits "bollies"was among others

yet when checking the baits banned on the same page low and behold "bollies banned "

any way last august i went to visit golden ponds the check it out and was greeted at the gate by the ballif who was just closeing up

me" awight mate are you open "

ballif " f*** off "

me " have you closed for the season "

ballif " no water so f*** off "

me " busy then "

later in the year i walked the dog back to same ponds to see if it was open and i got a look at the rule board all 3 of them theres just to many to list ime sure somewhere theres a no fishing rule in there as well

all these lists do for me know is tell me there is a fishery there as for the rest i will find out for myself

F

Frothey

i've found boilies to be an excellent bait on waters that they're banned on....

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you think it's a good idea to have waters for certain kinds of anglers only? (;o

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll bet Frothy and Manick's minds are working overtime. Say no more.Hahahaha.

M

Mel Crighton

You mean HARTLEYLANDS then Merv No! something better, and personal.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Does it have disabled pegs and disabled portaloos ???????

J

John Hepworth

Both Angling Times and Anglers Mail recently have given out details of named water on the Wear as 'free fishing'
when in fact they are Durham City AC waers. It's a hard enough task policing waters as it is without full details of the water being published in weekly comics, and as FREE FISHING.

Paul Wright 3

Reaction score
from may this year me and a mate have been fishing a water in the bolton area and having good results, this place as a few waters and the one we had been fishing was the least used so we were happy catching carp to 8lbs tench to 4lbs until the AT wrote ghost carp to 17 pounds and nets of over 100lbs were taken from this pool.the following week we turned up on a friday morning expecting the usual 2 or 3 anglers only to find every peg taken up with 2 rods and bollies galour going in thanks AT!!!!!

M

Mel Crighton

Its like AM giving all the details and at the bottom they state MEMBERS ONLY what a waste of time, I think that any water advertised should be on a day or weekly ticket, some people like to travel around to fish different waters like myself rather than stick to club waters, so come on no more free advertising for clubs and more ticket waters.

J

John Hepworth

Once again Anglers Mail got it wrong with the river Browney,Durham. Most of the fishing given is Association water, not club.