Etang De Vaumigny Result

Wooly

Reaction score
Just back from Francks place had a great time and caught some superb fish. Total for the week 32 fish -
4 x 30+ to 36 1/4, 20 x 20+ (8 over 25lb), 2 sturgeon and 6 doubles.
Well recommend the place to anyone looking for a challenge. Forget what you've read about needing rowing boats and bait boats - never used one once in the whole week.

Wooly

Reaction score
I'll try and have a go at writing one during the week

R

rob tudor

Nice one Wooly I'm glad you enjoyed the fishing and I'm sure that Franck looked after you ;-)

Wooly

Reaction score
He sure did, he even provided a bottle of wine during the week - sound man. He seemed concerned about a grudge match he was going to be fishing against Cakey and co.

Wooly

Reaction score
How did everyone get on - were many fish caught?

C

Cakey

72 fish to 38lb including three grass carp of 30lb 4oz ,29lb 8oz and 22lb 8oz and one sturgeon of 32lb

Wooly

Reaction score
Some good fish there. I'm pretty sure I hooked a couple of cats whilst I was there, but only on my carp gear and at range. Couldn't do anything with them as they kited in toward some underwater snags. Had no luck on my cat gear, to be honest I don't think I tried hard enough. Once all my usual methods failed I was too tempted by the carp fishing to persist.
Next time with the experience of being there once already I'll be better prepared, I may well be up for another trip there next year. I really liked the place, found it a bit more of a challenge than some English run waters in France.
Results are there to be had if you work at it and its very well priced.

R

rob tudor

Nice one Cakey i'm out there in 3 weeks time with a few French Fishing virgins I know whatever we catch we'll have a good time any paticuler tactics that were better than others?

C

Cakey

the chats were a big problem but once we change to tigers .........

C

Cakey

the hot swim was 14 and Franck blanked in 8 and had all mine from 2 fishing the cage.

C

Cakey

Ask Cecil about the triple run I had .................Im playing two fish at the same time screaming for help when Cecil see I was in trouble run all the way round the lake to help me, as he got there the third rod tore off.