The south has it

M

Mel Crighton

It has been announced today in the AT that the former Monk Lakes fishing complex is to be resurected and is expected to open in October, this complex of lakes and river stretches will be a match for Cudmore, it is reported that ?1.5 million of fish have been stocked, and more lakes have been planned, on the already vast complex , as to what it is going to cost the angler it has not been disclosed but with all the facilities that are planned it has to be a turn for the better, and only 17 miles from my home what more could I hope for.

M

Mel Crighton

well that surprises me no on commenting on my good fortune, to have the best in the country right on my doorstep.

Iceman

Reaction score
New to area (croydon ) but just looked it up on net and I'm sure Mel will tell me if I'm wrong ,but it was a complex of I think 3 carp lakes and a stretch of the river Beult near maidstone

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
My club also has got fishing rights on a large complex. And is reported to be one of the countrys most disabled friendly fisheries.
It seems like some have been taking notice of Oct 1st.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Mel,
It's good news for you and others in that area, but will it be enough?

P

Phil Hackett 2

Mel whatever floats you're boat. Such waters and you compare it with Cudmore could be in my living room and I still wouldn?t fish it. Wild water, wild fish for me mate!

J

jason fisher

if it's in the south it will probably cost a couple of hundred quid per day to fish for pastie F1 carp.
the south of england is a complete rip off, i'm still having trouble adjusting to what you get for your money up here.
earlier on i ordered a kebab for my lunch, it was a special one and cost a fiver, it's just arrived and some one has just handed me what appears to be a duvet filled with meat.
with a bit of luck i might just about finish it by thursday.

M

Mel Crighton

for a start do not look it up it is no longer the oLD MONK lAKE complex and for you that do not get the AT I will give yo the stats,
1. Match lake fishing from platforms 3 Acres
stocking; Carp,Barbel,Bream,Tench

2. Match lake Large weight venue Aerated 1 Acre Stocking; carp,Chub,Barbel,Bream,Tench

3. Catfish Lake fish to 30lb weedy, multi island 1 Acre Stocking 60m fish

4. Specimen Lake Contoured bottom,with deep holes and lillies Stocking fish to 45lb size 5 acres
5. river with features made in banks and pools to contain fish in flood conditions Stocking,; Roach,Bream,Pike,Tench,Chub Size 2000mtr total river

6. Pleasure fishing lake, 5 bridges to islands with features in every peg Stocking ; Carp to 30 lb, Bream,Roach,Tench Size 10 Acres

7. Puma Lake deep holes Gravel bars Stocking Carp, Bream Roach,Tench Size 10 Acres
8. River with features made in the banks Stocking; roach,Bream,Pike,Tench, chub Size 2000mtr Total river
9. 5 Acre specimen lake Under construction

10. 250 peg Match Lake Stocking; Match Carp,Roach,Tench,Barbel,Chub, Size 12 acres

* hard standing wooden platforms around each match lake
* Tackle and bait shop.
* Hot and Cold food
* 20 Power and water points around match and pleasure lakes
* Car parking within 2 m of every peg in summer
* Specially designed transport to swims for elderly or less abled anglers.

Something for everyone with all abilities catered for this is the way its done down South it may cost a bit more but as yet no prices have been published .

M

Mel Crighton

Baz, with the number of lakes available and river bank I think I will be happy for a while, but there again I do have my own venue.

M

Mel Crighton

I went and had a look at this new complex from the top of the hill overlooking the site it is massive to say the least, not seen anything to match it on my travels.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Sounds interesting to me Mel....about half an hour or so for me, might come up and take a look see next week.

M

Mel Crighton

Richard, it has not been officially opened yet, they state October, if all goes well, i cannot wait myself, found a nice little pub nearby good food too, will keep you up to date with the open day as soon as I know it, do you remember the old Monk Lakes then ?