Roy Castle Cancer Fund

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Dear Editor,

It occurred to me recently that many of your readers will have an old mobile phone or printer cartridge tucked away in a drawer at home or at work. What they may not realise is that their unwanted items can benefit the Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation.

Old mobiles and empty printer cartridges can be recycled and the proceeds will be used to help fund vital research into the early detection, diagnosis and treatment of lung cancer as well as providing support for sufferers and their families. With 38,000 new cases of lung cancer being diagnosed each year and 80% of those diagnosed not surviving longer than 12 months, lung cancer is the biggest cancer killer in the UK.

But that's not all. Recycling is environmentally friendly too (mobile phones and printer cartridges take hundreds of years to biodegrade). So you can help the Earth and support a very worthwhile cause too!

Please help us continue our vital work with lung cancer sufferers and their families by donating old printer cartridges and mobile phones from home and work. For details just call 08712 50 50 50, visit our website www.recyclingappeal.com/roycastle or simply drop your unwanted items in the post to: Roy Castle Recycling Appeal (EL), 31-37 Etna Road, FALKIRK FK2 9EG

Kind regards.

Yours sincerely,

Janine Drew
Fundraising Manager
Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation
200 London Road
LIVERPOOL
L3 9TA

Matthew Black

Reaction score
Graham,

I was not aware of the above having recently dumped an old mobile phone and, in the past, several printer cartidges ... I will do better in the future!

Just a thought. Why not contact angling publications with a view to saving printer cartridges, as both the publishers and their many contributers must get through loads (I use anything up to five a year and I only write rubbish!)

And before any doughnut gets on the bandwagon my late brother died of cancer so I have a genuine interest.