new and need advice

Matthew Cooper

Reaction score
i have just taken up fishing this season and have had a "little" sucsess.
i was given my rod by my grand-father a d.a.m minor match and have bought a red wolf reel loaded with 5lb line. I use size 18 hook to nylon and only fish with maggots. i have caught small perch but have been told that the pond i fish has bream and tench how do i start to catch these rather than the perch (not that i mind a catch is a catch).
also i have problems using a disgorger and have been using long foceps to re move the hooks far quicker and easier.
any tips please help.

Neil Howard 4

Reaction score
Hi Matt On your lefthand side your see Cant find a site section. Click on to beginners articles. Your find loads of info.Also ask others on the bank most will give tips and advise Neil.

Matthew Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks Neil have been looking through the first class fishing section and got a lot of tips from there.
do you know of any where i can find a piece on disgorging.

J

jason fisher

for the tench and bream you will need to use ground bait to attract them, baits like sweetcorn and small worms will also help.

as for disgorging the best way would be to get someone to show you, they are very easy to use but not so easy to describe.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Matthew,
Welcome to the sport and the site, a tip on using a disgoreger is to keep the line slightly tight, but don't put too much pressure on the hookhold, just enough to slide the disgorger down without the line popping out from the slit in the end, also wind the line round the barel a couple of times as this will help keep it straight as well. As Jason says the best and easiest way is for someone to show you.

Tight lines.