"Fat Lady"

Blunderer

Reaction score
I have been told that the carp caught by Bob James at the end of the last Passion for Angling, "Fat Lady", was not caught at the secret estate lake but somewhere else!
As Passion's number one fan, I refuse to believe it, but I have been told it was a competent carp angler who claimed it was "common knowledge"
Anyone have any info?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I was told that story too. It was filmed at a Hampshire gravel pit.

W

Wolfman Woody

Hmmm!

I know where the other lake is where Chris was catching the wildies and I too have fished it. The owner was the then Lord Burnham, but sadly he has since died. It's owned by his daughter now and she let us fish it a few times.

M

michael rouse

I used to watch that all the time.How big do we all think that monster carp was?

Also has anyone seen those Redmire pictures of the suspected biggest carp in the country (between 60-70lb common but its a black and white photo) taken in the fifties or some early stage.

F

Frothey

if you mean "harry", it was never shown.....monster myths indeed!

Rooster

Reaction score
Sorry to drag up an old post but I must admit whenever I see Bob catching 'Fat Lady' I always get the feeling that it's being caught in a different lake. The area where he's fishing just doesn't look/feel right.

Also, I found this great article by Chris Yates from 2001 in which he describes fishing at the 'Monster Myth' lake. It's a great read for any Passion for Angling fans.

http://www.dorsetmag.co.uk/magazine/issue071-00.phtml

jp

Reaction score
It was caught from Meadow Lake on Somerley, in Canada Bay iirc.