strange catches

Paul Wright 3

Reaction score
on a trip to a water that shall remain nameless me and my buddy and a small wager,after 5hrs of fishing it was looking grim for me (bad peg) as i was counting out his ?1 winnings i noticed my float had moved a touch as i picked i realised it wasnt a fish a proberly caught the bottom, as my so called mate caught more fish i dragged in the FOX WARRIOR ROD & GTE 5000 BAITRUNNER.on the way home one of us had a big smile and the other and ?1 in his pocket.

Rooster

Reaction score
I caught a specimen yoghurt pot just the other day! I thought I was onto something at first because it had a good bit of weight to it but it turns out it was just full of mud....

Yes. I'm a beginner.

Iceman

Reaction score
I was once spinning for pike on the swale and hooked into something that was surging like a monster pike I took 20 mins to get it to the bank guys round me stopped fishing to watch ,wish they had'nt as it turned out to be a bloody great black bin liner !!!! they don't half go when there full of water and caught in the current !!!

B

Big Rik

on our FM trip to Domaine Des Iles, Veg Tony hauled in an Intermarche carrier bag filled with water from 150 yds, caught on video by Graham, with running commentary from Barney, all thinking it was a large carp.

I caught a bat once, tangled in the line whilst casting.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I have had a few captures in addition to bats, that are worthy on note.

A snapping turtle. Horrible thing. Really fierce, hooked in the mouth too.

A puff adder. Had to kill that.

African bullfrog. Poisonous!!! they jump at you growling with fangs bared. UUuuurrrggghhh!!!!

Bit like a ruffe slapper.

R

Richard Huggett 1

No honest, I did catch a fish. It was this big <------------->

J

jason fisher

carrier bags,
a towel,
mate had a sweat shirt covered in small crayfish.
a lump of iron that looked like a big key, muscles had about 5 of them spinning last week each one had grabbed my spinner.
mate caught a wooden pallette.
something huge that we never saw.
swan, coot, mallard, seagull.

T

The Monk

hit a few bats on the back cast fly fishing, quite a common occurence

Poisonous!!! they jump at you growling with fangs bared Ron?

yep thats my kinda ruffe slapper mate!

R

Rodney Wrestt

Swan, caught on it's ID tag at it's ankle, landed (enticed with bread) on a 12oz hooklength and size 24 hook.

T

Tony O'Dell 2

Two terrapins...( one must have weighed 5 pounds..huge...)
An adult magazine inside a carrier bag with a brick in it
A dragonfly on the back cast when float fishing ?? !
Lots of bits of tree's
A shoe ( trainer )
Quite a few carrier bags ( three i think )
Probably a few other daft bits i cant remember...

T

The Monk

oh green ASDA trolly

(the green ones are now collectors items)

M

MaNick

I caught a coot once, i thought it was a bream, but it put up too much of a fight!...

I had to wade in after it made a last minute dash for the margin foiliage..... no damage done!...

Actually, at blue pool, a swan managed to loop my line around it's id tag, then make a run for it... I AM so glad it came off!!!!