Ever had your licence checked?

M

Mark Hodson

The last time I had my licence checked by a baliff(EA officer) or whatever you want to call them was when I was 13!! Some 16 years on and about 1664 fishing trips later (on the basis I fish twice a week)on all sorts of venues (club, sydicate,and day ticket)and I have never seen a baliff or been asked to produce it since. Is this a record ?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

I get my licence checked on average about 3 times a season.

I once got it checked 3 times in one day, twice by the same bailiff.

John Jones

Reaction score
My experience is similar to Mark's. I have never had a license check by a EA bailiff. Last time I can remember being asked for a license was when it was the old Severn Board and that was about 40 years ago!

Perhaps Ron it depends where you live and which waters you fish most.

M

michael rouse

Never had a card checked and only get my club card checked on waters in rough areas!

J

jason fisher

at least once every year for the last 5 years, 3 times in one week a couple of years back.

F

Fred Bonney

Once in the 70's and I had an Essex licence and should have had a Thames and recently at Ryton Farm,apparently they call very often,just to catch out holiday makers!

M

Mel Crighton

Fred you have noticed that to, school holiday time and they come out to check 6 times this summer and each time at popular venues, not seen any this week though, first time this year for about 12 years.

M

Mat HIllman

Had mine checked a couple of weeks ago, at Old Bury Hill.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Licence checked once when I was about 13...club card checked once last season during a clamp down on non-club anglers fishing our waters.

M

MaNick

Club card.... bailiffs get to know your face after a while, so just stop for a chat...

EA... do they have people checking?... never met one!.. (over a period of about 23years!) (with a break in the middle!)

Our Lake bailiff near my folks house used to check your day ticket, and your rod license!... (back in the early eighties!)
Was that before the authorities all changed?

T

The Monk

twice in nearly 40 years, once by the long defunked Lanchashire River Board and once by the NRA

Steve Hammatt

Reaction score
I got mine checked last week, on the Basingstoke canal. I told the baliff I was pleased to see him checking licences, since I hadn't had anyone do this on the canal before now.

J

John Lock

Never had mine checked in 32 years of fishing but you can guarantee that on the day I forget to carry it with me ........

B

Bill Eborn

Had mine checked on the Thames at Molesey on the second sunday of the season. The last time before that was in about 1978 on the Thames at Richmond

John Jones

Reaction score
Graham sez he can't remember which war. Instinct tells me it was the bore..oops sorry...the Boer War!!

J

John Hepworth

I wonder how people with sevral names go on; do they get a discount for 'bulk buying'?

Mine, about once a year