After First Double

Rob Smith 2

Reaction score
I am looking for a water in Scotland that holds some carp over 10lb
Am fishing a pond that has small carp to about 5lb.
Tried a pond near Livingston but the local kids were a pain lobbing stones into water,so am looking for a water that is a bit more secluded anybody know of any that holds a good head of carp etc.

F

Frothey

theres a guy called saul who posts on the fishingwarehouse site (sorry graham!) who's part of the scottish scene, try contacting him.

you can then tell michael how a scottish 10lb'er is like a northern 30..... ;)

Rob Smith 2

Reaction score
Cheers Frothey
Saw the post with the debate about northern and southern fish size;)
As for myself any fish is a bonus my biggest fish is only 4 and a half pounds.
But still brought a smile to my face can only get better looking forward to hopefully getting into a bigger fish.
Also got a few of my m8s from work hooked they could not believe how hard carp fight thought they had huge fish on.
It's great reading about the fish you guys catch can't even begin to think how hard those big fish fight.Hope to find out one day.

F

Frothey

the big fish dont normally fight as hard as some of the smaller ones....double figure commons can go ballistic!

J

jason fisher

not as hard as you'd think, the problem being when they get really big they seem to lose the stamina. a low double on the other hand will fight pretty hard.
but if you really want one that fight hard catch one from a river.

F

Frothey

i think its more teh bog fish plod around, normally if they want to go somewhere they do. smaller ones tend to go screaming off all over the place, but are relatively easy to turn.

Rob Smith 2

Reaction score
You learn something new every day thanks for that.
Did notice the fish on the small pond I fish do go mad,but always seems to be the commons that lose the plot the most.
It is just a very addictive pastime,and hopefully will get to taste a 9 or 10 pounder soon.