How many have won these

J

John Hepworth

I must receive about 3-4 of these a month.
ONCE SPANISH SWEEPSTAKE LOTTERY/INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION
PROGRAMS
Is it just me who always wins the top prize.
Never yet claimed MY prize

J

John Hepworth

Heard of yet anothr scam on local radio today; people are receiving text messages asking for a date, they read as though from an old flame. Are these just another way of getting people to reply, and then possibly have their phone accounst cloned, or at best, being charged over the odds for the call.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Like you John, I have yet to claim my prize - must have been a slip of the mind.

Phone account "theft" is becoming cause for considerable concern throughout Europe.
I heard of a case this week in Holland where one chap just got his monthly bill for several thousand Euros, and all he did was to answer a text message just like the one you heard about.

W

Wolfman Woody

I must be owed something in the region of ?3.5 million and around $2.75 and that was before I won another million dollars just this week!

I even mailed back under an account, I don't often use, asking for a claim form. They sent me one (Microsoft something or other) with no address on it except a PO Box number in Holland. I sent it off the Microsoft, but they don't seem interested.

Holland? Hmmmm - Could it be Peter Jacobs trying scam us? Heheh! He wants another of those expensive carbon rods I'll bet!

Iceman

Reaction score
I've had the Lottery one I won 2 million euros all I had to ddo was give my name,address ,phone no and passport no. then turn up at an address in Dublin the following day with 500 euros administration fee ,If I can't get there I could send a bankers cheque for the said 500 euros plus a further 150 euros as added admin fee .Guess what I think it may be a con .

Also had 3 different hot txt messages in the last couple of weeks ,if you scroll down message and go a couple beyond the blanks screen it says replies cost ?1.50 a time .

Another email to watch out for comes in the form of Citibank ,it claims there is a fraud going on and they need to check your details . They ask your account no , sort code, and pin no.

Bet there is enough guilibles out there that all of these will make money THE BASTARDS

W

Wolfman Woody

There used to be a company (or individual) sending scam faxes out to other companies at one time. They asked a question as if it were a poll and asked you to fax back the completed sheet.

(Strangely, considering what taken place today in Parliament) One of the questions was "Do you think fox hunting should be banned?" and went on with a graphic illustration of a foxes death by hounds. Another one reported a man who had poured petrol over a kitten and set fire to it and the question "Should these people be sent to prison?"

The purpose of the messages was to encourage staff at the companies who would be incenced to fax the form back with the promise that they would all be sent to David Blunkett.

They weren't interested one bit in the fox or the kitten. Once you faxed back there was a 5-6 minute call which you paid ?1.50 per minute for a premium rate and they got over ?6 per call. Thank you very much!

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anybody remember the bloke going under one of his names Sam Spade? or Sam Money?
People were getting letters to buy their ground rent, and of course money changed hands. But the deed wasn't worth the paper it was printed on.
The letter was very cleverly done and worded. It wasn't illegal but lawyers countrywide were saying it was unethical.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Anyone had the phone calls --
Its a pre-recorded message with music in the background saying you've definitely won a Rolex or a holiday or something just phone a number giving your winning reference number (at ?1.50 a minute)to claim your prize ...???

J

John Hepworth

It's not just the gullible, people with a mental or other similar illnesses are being hoodwinked.
Again, listening to the radio this morning, a woman came on saying that her 90 year old mother had lost hundreds through these scams. The only problem is with many althogh not ethical, the very obscure conditions are usually watertight.

W

Wolfman Woody

There was an accountant, soemone you thought might be wised-up to scams, who got done for about ?6,000 by some Nigerian (typical) in Holland.

Iceman

Reaction score
Oh yeah also had an email from some obscure African Prince or something who wanted somewhere to hide his money while a coup was going on asked for bank details so he could transfer his funds and said he would reward me ,what did I say ? oh yes of course your majesty , like hell!!!!

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Thats probably what Mark Thatcher was up to .......