Fly pic

C

Chris Bishop

Loved the picture of the guy in the river by the bridge - what great surroundings you fish in.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Eddie, let me tell you it is all worth getting fit if you have the will power to do it, and losing weight which is even more important.

Take it from one who has had 2 heart attacks and a triple by-pass, it ain't pleasant mate, trust me.

Enjoy your fishing anyway.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
We all do the same live of our past. Glad to hear you are doing well Eddie. Now your getting fitter them distance swims that get left will be a lot easier enjoy the fishing mate.

W

Wolfman Woody

You had the warning and took notice. Well done.

Many don't!

I now have to - a little.

C

Chris Bishop

It's not like that all over Yorkshire, is it Ron. And I thought the Ribble was in Lancashire.

Paaah, paaah, paah, paa-paah, paa-pa-paa-paah (cue Hovis bread commercial...)

C

Chris Bishop

Eee, I were just a lad in't days when 't Tinsley Viaduct were just an 'umped back bridge... On 't way back from 't pit, we used ta drop a birruv 'Ovis ower 't side that were left over from feeding 't pidjins on a size 16.

E

Eddie Caldwell 2

Thanks for the good wishes. I'm certainly back fishing and I'm off to the north of Scotland on Monday for some salmon fishing.

Cheers!

Eddie Caldwell

B

Big Rik

"I always made fun of ?veggies? but the food tastes good and does you good, too."

Eddie, although I was not as close to 'problems' as yourself, I saw early indications in myself that I needed to change my lifestyle, because that's what it is, a lifestyle change.
If you don't look at it as a diet or an excercise regime, but as a change to secure your future health, then it makes it easier to keep it up.

Good luck and good health.

W

Wolfman Woody

I wish you could see the fags in the same way too Rik. heheh!

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
One step at a time Jeff.

After driving around down south the stress levels of just getting to work and back would be a bigger concern.

J

John Hepworth

I think Byron was trying to tell us he used to catch pigeons with bits of Hovis bread on a size 16 hook from where the M1 Tinsley viaduct now stands.
Of course I could be completely wrong.

Bit like the Geordie who went to tea with the Queen. She asked, you will take a cake, or am I wrong, Thank's I'll have a meringue replied Geordie.

J

John Hepworth

Sorry about the Byron, Bryan.
Will have to get a bigger display.