solar mixes and additives

Kim Mathiasen

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trying some of the Solar base mixes next year. Especially I'm thinking of Club Mix combined with Crabmeat&Lobster and Crustacean Compound as one option or Red Herring combined with Smoked Salmon, Salt&Black Pepper Enhancer and Slayer Salmon Oil...I know Club Mix is often used in combination with the Squid&Octopus, but I want to try something different...Anyone has any experience with this Solar stuff?

Wooly

Reaction score
Had a few on club mix with squid and octopus in the UK.
Had loads on the same mix in France in air dried version and soaked in salmon oil.

F

Frothey

he lives in denmark as well steve, might be hard to get hold of?

S

sash

Try Danish Delight. Based in Denmark, have website under same name. Good products produced by good anglers.

B

Big Rik

I saw some of their stuff about 5 or so years ago.
The quality of the ingredients then was stunning.
The fishmeal was outstanding and the krill....ummm, ummm, ummmmmmmm

F

Frothey

nice to see they actually list the ingredients used in the mix as well....

C

Cakey

DT Baits do a cold water mix and Green Beast which in my opinion is one of the best winter baits available

Kim Mathiasen

Reaction score
Thank you for the answers...I've fished a lot with the Danish Delight products (as I live i Denmark) and caught a lot of fish using these products. But I think the DD-ingredients for home-rolling is getting way to expensive and the shelf-life boilies they make is way to crappy now concidering what they was like last year and the year before.
That's the reason why I want to switch to a different brand. I'll try the Club Mix and the Red Herring with various combinations to see how I get on....