Olympus mju2 compact camera

J

James Gibbinson

Paul Williams's article in which he recommended the Olympus mju2 offered sound advice; I would, however, offer a word of caution. The mju2 is, as Paul said, very easy to use and will give excellent results, just so long as you don't use it in vertical (portrait) format when it will have difficulty focussing. I can only assume that it's auto-focus system is configured for horizontal (landscape) format. It's metering system isn't altogether happy in vertical format, either.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Welcome to FM Jim.

For those who might not know, and I doubt if there any many, my friend Jim is one of the best all round anglers and angling writers the sport has ever produced.

Have you still got those Olympus cameras you shown me in a Southern Hemisphere country in 1979? They are pictured in your book: "Modern Specimen Hunting."

J

James Gibbinson

Thank you for the compliment, Ron!

The cameras to which you refer - the ones I used in South Africa - were Olympus Trip models. I subsequently gave them to my sons.

They were followed by couple of Olympus OM1N SLRs, then a succession of infrared "zapper" dedicated compacts (Canon, Olympus, Minolta and Ricoh) plus a Canon EOS SLR. I've now gone digital (Canon G5)- and I'm very impressed.

As you will have gathered, I've a weakness for cameras...!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

A Canon G5. I too am impressed.

Mind you, if your not careful, on this website you will be called MacWallet Number 2.

And watch out for the Monk. When it comes to cameras he is the biggest tackle tart of the lot.

I've seen him attack a photo assignment with two Nikon F5s a Nikon F601, Three Hasselblads, two Leica M3s as back-up and a Nikon D5 before today. I don't know how he manages to keep that lot under his habit, let alone take pictures.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"MacWallet Number 2"

Jim wouldn't even come to close.

You do many self takes Jim???

W

Wolfman Woody

Welcome on board Jim. Read many of your articles over the years, do some for Graham on here, why not?

A little reminder though, Ron is not allowed to mention by name that country in the southern hemisphere.

He has mentioned the word "Africa" once by mistake, but don't, please, encourage him further.

:eek:)

J

jason fisher

i've just realised why ron in't mentioning that place at the bottom of africa any more and it's a foul and cunning scheme to boot.
This is not on, importing people to make mention of the place for you is down right underhand and unethical.

You will be brought to book for this heinous crime, we will not let it lie.

oh and by the way welcome to the site jim.

i'm sure your thoughts on fishing will be helpful to all of us :)

B

Big Rik

I'll follow on by welcoming Jim to the site and look forward to some very thoughtful and enlightening discussions.
(I'm thinking the articles you did on running leads, good stuff and the ones on big pit reels and line coil sizes, which I'll argue with you over.....)