Viper Baitboats

M

Malcolm Bason

Bought a Viper Baitboat a few months back, I have used it about 6 times thats all. Took it to France recently, filled the hopper, switched the handset and boat on - nothing!

Both the handset and the boat batteries are fully charged, but there is no ineraction between the two!

I emailed Glen Shute at Viper twice - no reply; I rang him - no reply; I emailed Brentwood Angling from where I purchased the boat - no reply!

It could be that Glen is on holiday, so I will ring him again tomorrow as I would rather deal with him direct, rather than have to go through Brentwood Angling, but I thought they would have showed some common courtesy by emailing me back? After all, I purchased it online, and they were very good at exchanging emails then!

Anyone else had problems with Viper Boats? Or is this a one-off? I bought one in the first place because of their apparent reliability!

B

Big Rik

First one I've heard of not working Malc.

I know it's not good for you, but it's better than the 100 a day failures on the current crop of 'cats'.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Just a thought...have you checked the crystals in both the tx and rx ? Thinking back to model submarine days, they do have a habit of vibrating loose at times...

F

Frothey

nah malc, should have got one of these

i know 3 or 4 people with vipers, never had a prob.

M

Malcolm Bason

Nooooo Frothy, not Badger!

I'm too much of a tart these days! LOL

M

Malcolm Bason

Spoke to a very nice lady at Viper today, and they are picking it up tomorrow!

Must have been on their hols???

Stax Williams

Reaction score
is it sorted m8 ? iam considering getting a viper next year so any tips ree your problem would be help full. cheers

M

Malcolm Bason

Yeah the Viper is sorted mate, and going good (fingers crossed).

The put two new speed controllers in, apparently! Excellent service once I managed to get hold of them. They must have been away!