Still Dreaming

john d

Reaction score
Congratulations to you both, another great result.

I'm going to have to show this write up to the missus to explain why I'm always home late....

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Again, well done to you both. Cracking fish, is it possibly the same one Graham or another monster Barbel in the same section?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Very well done mate. It looks to be a different fish to me. It's got those Trent colours - bright orange ventral fins.

We all have those times when it seems we can do no wrong. It happened to me when I caught 4 Trent doubles in one session.

Mind you the old codger (who am I to talk) is getting like the carp anglers these days. Has to name all the tackle that caught the fish..... :eek:)

W

Look at the little lump on the pelvic fin.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
It didn't look like the same fish on the bank but I've just had a good look at some of the pictures of both fish and although there are one or two points of similarity, there are two marks on the 14 that aren't on the 13 which wouldn't have disappeared in three weeks. So I'm fairly sure they're different fish.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Well done mate. Same fish or not it shows that you are doing things right.

Whats the odds that one of these fish will make 15Ib by the end of the season or next season.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Skive - **** ***!

Bryan - A Dove fifteen pounder was claimed earlier in the year but discredited by a certain party. I'll open a new thread about this as it's something I want to discuss more fully. I'll stick a link to it in this message when it goes up.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Skive - **** ***!"

I hope you and Skive haven't fallen out Graham. That will leave a big hole in his life he'll find impossible to fill.

:eek:)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I hope me and Skive haven't fallen out, we're on the Wye for three days next week. It's just our way of staying friendly. You know what they say, you know you've fallen out when you don't insult 'em.

Ask Gary Knowles how we congratulate each other on fish caught.

W

15lb 2oz i have heard of, but i think it maybe a tad errrrrrr!!!!!!!!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've changed my mind, I won't open a new thread. Suffice to say that I don't know if the 15 is genuine or not, but I'd rather trust the bloke who caught it than the bloke who's at the forefront of trying to discredit it. He's the one who says he's always had bigger and better, no matter what you catch, and the one who always says, "But I'm not publishing anything."

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I think your right Graham. If you know the angler to be honest about his catches in the past then you have to belive him. You can never trust people who never have a witness or photo but always have the big fish.

B

Big Rik

discrediting fish because they are bigger than what you have caught, is purile and shows how narrow minded some people are.

Who was it Graham?
Does he have VERY NEAT SETS ?