sweeping statements!

R

roto fryer 1

i took this from a website
"Angling in general, especially Carp angling, is on the decline"
does this person/persons live in the real world?

Blunderer

Reaction score
My God, the banks are more crowded now than I can ever remember and the majority are carp anglers of one description or another. CArp fishing has got laddish and it now appeals to the scally. God help us all. Apparently it was featured in Loaded magazine recently.
And has anyone seen "Carpology"?!?!?

John Jones

Reaction score
Blunderer, I think you are being somewhat unfair to carp anglers. You are correct in observing a more laddish culture beginning to attach itself to angling, but it covers the whole sport, not just carping.

The less than desirable behaviour we are witnessing on the banks is a reflection of the declining standards in society in general.

I will never understand the carp boys' obsession with a single species where weight is God, but most of them are perfectly decent blokes entitled to their pleasure.

And at the end of the day we are all anglers together, so please, don't let's get 'factional'. Lets keep our differences on a friendly banter level.

N

Nigel Moors 2

Agree with you Blunderer and also slightly with JJ. Standards have declined across the board and it's not just laddishness we have to worry about it's also leddettes too!

Not getting factional is a shame - I was going to suggest we take up hunting and see how good a lot of their camouflage gear is! :eek:)

Anyhow it seems all those long thought fruitless hours of praying might be being answered at long last and we might see some carp anglers leaving the sport! No chance - just as you say Paul, the bank are full of them. If you can get on the banks that is, carp anging seems to have snapped up the best waters and filled them with big hungry carp to the general detriment of silver fish/tench etc. I wonder why they seem so conspicuous in all that camo stuff tho'?