carp virgin

Matthew Cooper

Reaction score
i am wanting to go to a local pond which apparently has carp upto 20lb in it but have never fished for carp, (am new to fishing as a lot of you already know)what kit will i need and how do i set up. i see a lot of articals posted but some advice in lahmens terms would be nice.

Blunderer

Reaction score
Bllody hell, mate, that's a bit of a big question for a forum!!!
You MUST get at least a fishing before before you go if you can't get someone to help you.
There is too much information you need to take on board to answer your post sensibly. I would also urge you to serve your time catching perch and roach on a float before tackling bigger carp.
Where do you live? Your local tackle dealer will be able to help you with some kit and maybe with an "Easy" water to get a few bites on maggots.

F

Frothey

a book like lee jacksons carp clinic will tell you everything you need to know, but as has been said, you'll become a much better angler if you start with the smaller species first. too many people get into carping, and then give up through boredom....unless your fishing overstocked commercials, in which case you're better off on "pleasure" gear anyway!

Matthew Cooper

Reaction score
so you think i'm taking the wrong steps this early, thank god some one told me befor i got right up to my neck in s h 1 t.

blunder i live in stockton on tees and the pond (1 acre) is just up the road from me.

have been fishing it for about 2 months and have been catching perch like no tommorow just thought i'd try some thing else.

frothy thanks for the book title am off to try and find it on amazon.
thanks again for your advice.

tight lines

matt