Why Are You Not Fishing

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a good excuse as I am stuck here in the office working on what is now my 14th. day on the trot.

So, what is your excuse for not being out on the banks and catching?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Never fish at weekends because now I'm retired I can go fishing any day and midweek is much quieter.

I'm sat in the house having just had a very filling roast lamb lunch followed by apple and blackberry pie and custard.

I am also thinking of you Peter sat in your office and counting my blessings. Pack it all in mate and retire, live on what you've got and enjoy life to the full, even god only worked for six days.

M

MaNick

Yup.... I'm at work too, but i cant complain... (hold on! yes i can!)...

Overtime!... doh!... always sounds like a good idea at the time!...

Still.... 12hours on double bubble!...
could go towards a bit more tackle,fishing holiday...etc etc... not likely though!... council tax and bills probably! hehaheah

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Graham, Your advice is very sound, the only problem is that I am a real workaholic. I am putting together a claim for several millions of dollars against a Client organisation which means I will be here for another 9/10 days before my next trip home.

The roast lamb sounds really great, I'll be off soon and will probably eat at the little Bistro/Bar which is directly beneath the apartment that I rent here in Holland - I might be a workaholic, but I ain't stupid :)

The up-side is that I usually get home every 10 days for 4 days so I can fish on a Thursday or Friday too. Much quieter and more fruitful than the weekends on the Avon.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Nick,
I am a consultant so, sadly, I only get the same rate regardless of the number of hours in the day.

Overtime - I used to dream about overtime.

:)

M

MaNick

Thats the secret in engineering peter....

get to the highest grade possible where you can still claim overtime.... then resist promotion AT ALL COSTS...

until you find something to become a "consultant" in!... hehahehaheh

Dont work too hard!

Darren George

Reaction score
I got a feeling it wouldnt be so good this weekend, so chose not to go.

I only did a session yesterday and lost one fish, my chums doing longer sessions elsewhere have reported dry and crispy nets so looks like I was right to stay in and tidy my kit!

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Peter

When you get the several million dollars put it in your pocket tell everybody the claim failed, sell the house and change your name. Buy a boat at Christchurch, live on it and go fishing whenever you feel like it.

Or you could go to a foreign place and live, somewhere exotic like Rotherham, trouble is the fishing isn't up to much there, though the natives are quite friendly so I hear.

T

The Monk

wedding photographer, they tend to get married at the weekends

jp

Reaction score
I've been birdwatching, but I'm off all next week fishing.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I went fishing this morning, changed swims three times and still couldn't settle into it. I was home again whithin two and a half hours. Just one of those days.

F

Frothey

must be hard struggling thru' without overtime on your consultancy fee's peter..... :)

M

Mel Crighton

I am recovering from a bad hypo so just taking it easy had a bit of a stressful week, hope to have a day out fishing mid week.

R

Richard Huggett 1

Alright for you lot...the kitchen is in the lounge, the spare bedroom and the garage at the moment, the lounge is...well, everywhere else, and 'er indoors is now 'er in hospital.

Fishing ? What's fishing......?

M

Mel Crighton

And the Bulldozers in the parlour, hope the Mrs gets well soon mate.

C

Chris Bishop

Been out all weekend, pants yesterday, rockin' time today.

C

Chris Bishop

"Preparing for my trip to Holland...."

Just read this bit.

Holland is a bit like the Fens transformed into the 21st Century, with nicer cheese, colder beer and better drivers if this helps Ron.