MADINE MIX

J

John Pickering 1

Hi,
i was wondeering if anyone here knows where to buy madine mix by dave poxon. I'v been watching one of Rob Hughes videos and they use it and it seems to work a treat!! If anyone can tell me where i can buy it id much apreciate it.

John

P.S: also, does anyone know any good carp pools in the staffordshire/shropshire area??

M

Mark Spod

I guess it's an old video as Dave used to own Essex Bait Services which stopped trading a few years.

J

jason fisher

bait is like sex it's not what you use it's how you use it that counts.

M

michael rouse

Staffodshire shropshire-'The monument carp puddle'.Im going soon with a bit of hope but its still a puddle.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
"bait is like sex it's not what you use it's how you use it that counts"

You gotta love him aint ya?

S

sash

"bait is like sex it's not what you use it's how you use it that counts"

Still doesn't help you if what you've got doesn't come up to scratch! And they'll always be tempted by that that's better.........purely if we're discussing bait here of course ;o)

F

Frothey

what what that about hating ocerstocked carp puddles michael? and foreign fish? ;)

T

Terry Comerford

Err John, I gave you 6 venues on your 'What to do' thread.

J

jason fisher

i'd agree sash, but there aren't that many really bad baits out there if you get one from a reputable company,
i certainly wouldn't go searching for one obscure manufacturers bait though, just get one from my local tackle shop which is freely available.
plus if i'm using it on a local water the fish will already have encountered the bait and recognise it as a food source.

B

Big Rik

if you'd have read any of Johns other postings, then you would realise that he is new to carping, so he keeps asking about the latest wonder rig/bait/easy venue.

J

jason fisher

i know rik that's why we were all waiting for your wonderfully considered response.
an the first post you gave wasn't it so come on help the man out, he needs it.

B

Big Rik

John

Read this

and my usual response is as follows

if you're looking for a quick answer to catching and think that by watching a video and using the bait that they catch on is the answer, then you'll quickly learn that it isn't.

One of my best ever seasons for numbers of big carp was when I used bread flake and worms as bait.
This was because I knew the water very well, knew where the carp would be at certain times and knew how to present the bait in a manner that was different to everybody else.
This was bloody hard work and involved many, many hours of walking and looking without fishing.

That is how you catch fish, by experience, hard work and lots of luck, not by using the Madine mix.

B

Big Rik

the super slidey hinged stiff supple wonder rig, using the soon to be released hooklink material and the latest hook, which will be released next year........

J

John Pickering 1

Ok cheers guys for all the info. Ta for the over venues terry i am planning to visit them i was just seein if there are any over places around. i no willows i liv near to it. i dont rate pillaton tho. neways cheers for all the info lads.

John

tank

Reaction score
why not try the old hopton pools there always a good carp water for feeding off the top with dog bics of bread.