Anybody tried this bait ?

L

Les Clark

We all know we can we can get bait`s from many sorces,tackle shop,supermarket,garden,etc,but what about the butcher?
I read a article some year`s ago in the A/T or the mail,about a bloke who was useing cube`s of steak (raw)and groundbaiting up with minced steak to catch carp,Ive never used it myself,but what do you think ?

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Beef steak and mince in the feeder is a very good tactic for barbel and chub, especially if they are getting a bit wise to the more popular bait. The only drawback is that the steak loses it's effectivenes when the blood and juices are washed away.

Can be expensive too.

L

Les Clark

Cheer`s Ron,worth a go, no more expensive tha kilo of boile`s.

R

Ron Troversial Clay

By the way I have never caught carp on these baits only barbel and chub, so I am not qualified to comment on the effectiveness of steak. Mind you if carp eat anything they are taught to eat, they will eat steak.

Try the best Aberdeen Angus fillet.... :eek:)

L

Les Clark

Aberdeen angus fillet!now your takeing the mick Ron.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Les,
Jn Porter swears by the stuff for chub, he uses the pre packed minces meat from the supermarket for loose feed or in the feeder, dust it with groundbait to stop it becoming stodgy and staying in the feeder, then a pieces of stewing steak cut into a sliver for hook bait, it's very tough and stays on the hook well and as Ron says should be changed when the blood has been washed out.

Hope this helps.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Shold?????????

gotta get a new keyboard or pair of hands,

'Shold' should be 'should'.

L

Les Clark

Thank`s Rodney,will give it a go,Im like that after a few foster`s!