commercials

owzatsteve

Reaction score
can anyone give me any advice on waggler fishing on a commercial as im new to them and catmeat and pellets are banned plus i prefer waggler fishing thanks for any info

Yorkie

Reaction score
The biggest thing to remember is "Don't forget the margins."

Many Commercial carp are caught withing a foot or two of the angler, get some loose feed in either side of your peg and have a dunk in now and again.

If your chosen swim has an island or other feature such as overhanging bushes, fish to them. They are well known carp holding areas.

Best policy is to adopt a few swims from your peg, ie margin, features and open water. That way you are keeping your options open.

Try liquidised luncheon meat loosefeed and luncheon meat on the hook or even paste (assuming it's not banned too!)
Cast nice and gently or you'll lose the bait from your hook. Alternatively hair rig it.

Hope it helps.

Tony Roberts

Reaction score
as for baits, corn is a personal favourite of mine that seems to always get bites. i usually alternate between corn and luncheon meat on the hook and use both as loosefeed.

Tried flavouring it with varying results - strawberry worked well, molasses didnt - but i think that is more specific to the fishery and what the fish are used to eating....

M

michael rouse

Dont know if you've been watching it but on 'carp crew' they were using the 'bagging waggler' which is a big mack off waggler with a small method feeder attached to the bottom of it. Supposed to attract fish with sound and it deposits your hookbait in the cloud of groundbait.

Even though I hate commercials im gonna give it a go.