Bite Alarms

• Thread starter Carping Hooligan
  • Start date
C

Carping Hooligan

Hi all

Im going to buy 2 new bite alarms and just wonder if any of you guys have tried the Steve Neville alarms. I'm thinking of buying 2 of them but I want to know if they are any good compared to Delkim Standard or Fox SX.

T

Tony O'Dell 2

Steve Nevilles have no where near as many features of the others..more of a fashion statement..supposedly very robust..but i have never had a problem with my Delkim's in five years...and these have far more features...which i use regularily...

Jim Gibbinson

Reaction score
I've got a set of Steve Neville alarms and have no complaint with them.

Delkims, in my opinion, are the best around. I've a set of Delkims that I bought from the very first production batch (goodness knows how many years ago), and they've been 100% reliable.
A major plus with Delkims is that all new models are thoroughly field-tested before they are released onto the market. With some others, you get the feeling that the first paying customers are being used as field-testers.
Put it this way: if my tackle was lost or destroyed in some sort of disaster, my new replacement alarms would be Delkims. No question.