A Personal Heating Appliance

E

Eric Hayes

After reading a review in AT last week and being in need of a hand warmer I ordered on yesterday morning. It arrived (as promised) this morning.

Although the weather is still inclement at the moment I gave the product a try whilst walking the dog. First I filled it with Ronson lighter fluid as per instructions and lit the element. At first it was difficult to see if the thing was working or not but within a few seconds it started to get warm, I placed it in the velveteen bag and put it in my coat pocket. The temperature was beutifuly warm and I can see it being very pleasing on a cold winter?s night/morning.

After looked at one or two hand warmers last winter but not liking the Look and or Idea of other brands I left them in the shop. The peakock is like a very small hip flask so it is comfortable in your pocket and it has a claimed burn time of around one day from one good fill of fluid this should make it cheap to run. The body is of Brass-Nickel construction and replacement elements are available from the supplier but he says they rarely cause any problem and should last years under normal use.

The unit comes supplied with a velveteen bag and funnel for filling.

Click here to see the Peacock Hand Warmer

Or if you prefer you can Click Here To Email Supplier

Before you ask, no I?m not on commission, I just think it?s a superb Idea and a useful well made bit of kit.

J

jason fisher

light a small fire underneath your chair that will keep you warm and it doesn't take a broken link to find it.

E

Eric Hayes

But Jason it does take a broken pallet to build one. And most of the clubs I fish will kick you out if you light fires on the bank, even if it is under your chair.