Bow Hunting for Carp??

dezza

Reaction score
Is this the sort of thing to put on the front page of a website that supports angling sportsmanship and care for the quarry?

What do you think?

The Monk

Reaction score
The Yanks of course are big on this sort of thing, but they shoot everything over there of course. In the UK we are a bit more civilised. Not a good advetisement.

Stealph Viper

Reaction score
Shooting a fish with a Bow and Arrow, ain't any worse a fate as hitting a fish with a Priest, and it doesn't look half as bad as swinging a Clergy round by his sandals when dispatching it either :D

dezza

Reaction score
Sorry but it's a hell of a lot worse than hitting a fish on the head with a priest.

By shooting an arrow at a living fish, you cannot guarantee an instant death - period.

Look at the fish in the clip, with an arrow through it, it's still alive and kicking.

A couple of well directed blows aimed between the fishes eyes with a priest is instant curtains for a fish. I know this because I must use a priest at least 40 times a year.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Sorry but it's a hell of a lot worse than hitting a fish on the head with a priest.

By shooting an arrow at a living fish, you cannot guarantee an instant death - period.

Look at the fish in the clip, with an arrow through it, it's still alive and kicking.

A couple of well directed blows aimed between the fishes eyes with a priest is instant curtains for a fish. I know this because I must use a priest at least 40 times a year.

It's not instant if you have to hit a fish a couple of times with a priest, and why kill a fish anyway, Bow and Arrow, the end result is the same as with a priest, Dead Fish.

In Oz, Carp have to be killed as they are a pest, there they are netted and left on the bankside. Return one when fishing and get caught, it's a fine, and they don't muck about.

Each to their own, there are plenty of tribes that have hunted this way since time began, it's a way of life. The US also have a much better EA than us, and wouldn't let this happen if the fishing was poor.

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Reaction score

What clip???

flightliner

Reaction score
Thats too easy ...... you'd only need a near miss for that
Yes maybe you are right Ed-- perhaps similar but with laser guidance systems added but you only score half of what you would if you do it without-- hey- and another thing- perhaps the same thing could be used when casting a fly and then you could dispense with all the arm aching c--p!. You would hit the target every time and go home early with a full creel!- any good or what!!

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Would'nt it be better to use arrows with explosives on the end like they do in whaling!!( lol)

In Oz they used to have Shark leagues, and thats ow they killed the Sharks, all banned now.

I wonder if Ron has tried hitting a Great White with a Priest.............:wh:D, no doubt Walker would have...............:wh

flightliner

Reaction score
I'll try to pick some up Monday, I wonder if they will have some Semtex boillies in stock.

---------- Post added at 05:30 ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 ----------

I'll try to pick some up Monday, I wonder if they will have some Semtex boillies in stock.