okuma airframe fly reel

• Thread starter Gordon Braithwaite
  • Start date
G

Gordon Braithwaite

I bought one of these this summer for fly fishing for bass,as advertised in several mags as (100% saltwater proof).
Warning ,mine is NOT,the bearing casing has corroded,the supplier has kindly sent me some more bearings,but sadly they are the same!I have emailed okuma nearly a month ago and am still awaiting an answer.Anyone else got this problem or have I just got some duff bearings?

P

Phil Hackett 2

E-mails to Cos are now the most popular method of communicating these days, and Co like Okuma must get 1000s per week.
You could try snail mail (proper letter) pointing out they seem to have problems answering e-mails they get.

J

Jeff (Cheeky Monkey) Woodhouse

Gordon - Best bet, take it back to the supplier and ask for your money to be refunded as the goods are not suitable for the purpose the were intended for, eg. sea fishing.

You have them bang to rights, there's no case to answer.

G

Gordon Braithwaite

Thanks lads,I realy want okuma do deal with this whilst Ive still got the reel!I feel they should be stopping there uk distributers selling them as "100%saltwater proof"so that no one else has this problem.

G

Gordon Braithwaite

Just thought I would let you know its finaly sorted.I got brassed of with various well known suppliers passing the buck so I sent the bearing and thier adds to the Advertising Standards Agency.These people dealt with it efficiently so no more "100% saltwater proof" adds should be appearing.
Shame a big group like Okuma and others cant get their act together.