Tackle insurance

Peter West

Reaction score
Been looking through my tackle and tiding up a bit, started adding up how much in money I have spent, frightening, thing is I am not insured for theft or breakage, who is everyone else with, phoned my house insurers Direct Line, they said I am only insured for max ?250.00 and only if stolen from inside. Peter

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Bob,

I had a look on this site for the coarse and match option

The maximum amount covered is ?7,500 with a maximum single item value ?1500.

I would imagine that most people would be happy with this, but a maximum single value of ?1500 wouldn't cover the cost of a decent match pole, let alone 3 or 4 top 4 sets to go with it.

I am as guilty as most in not having tackle insurance, so does anyone else know of an alternative insurance scheme?

P

Phil Heaton

I have household insurance with Axa and have had 2 claims one for nearly ?4000 and one just over ?2000, both of these were paid with no quibbles. They have obviously increased my premiums, but still insure me with full cover.
The first was stolen from my garage and the second from the boot of my car while parked outside my house on the road.
I think this shows that the 'cheap' companies such as direct line are making savings by giving reduced cover when compared to other companies. Once again its only when claim time comes that we read the small print.

L

Les Clark

I have household insurance with saga(showing my age),my tackle is insured for up to ?5000 any where outside the house i.e.on the bankside.