Sometimes one is all you need...

Tony Roberts

Reaction score
What a day today, 5 hours and nothing. not a bite, not a nudge, nothing... fishing waggler with corn or meat, overdepth, just off bottom, shallow - tried a diff float, two different swims and close to banks - nothing was working. Feeding little and often.

An older guy walked past, said hello and enquired as to how my day was going....explaining my predicament his response was - sometimes you've just got to persevere..

an hour later i had my one and only bite of the day....connected, and a beatiful 10lb8oz common, a personal best and my first double was in the net (eventually).

Not the biggest fish in the world any means, but made my day!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Tony, many will take for granted what you have achieved today, but for you it's the first of many. A big congratulations on the first of many doubles - well done mate!

T

The Monk

Nice fish mate, well done, its so easy to lose prospective, particularly with carp, you can go to France and Canada and knock out lumps forever more, but to me these days, a fish should only be measured by the amount of enjoyment it gives, this is the most important aspect of angling. A big well done mate!

B

Bill Cox

Well done mate a great milestone for anyone,i can still remember my first double and the enjoyment i got from slipping the net under it i hope you catch a shedfull in the future. good on ya

Tony Roberts

Reaction score
cheers guys!

I had a similar day today too, really slow, hardly any bites. persevered and pulled out a small carp (only about 3lb!) but none the less it wasnt a total washout.

Is this usual for this time of year or should i be changing tactics now? Is autumn/winter more suited to legering, even though im floatfishing overdepth?

Summertime and there was action almost every cast..

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
It does tend to slow down as winter approaches Tony, but now is the time when the carp are in pristine condition and need to pack on the weight for the colder periods to come. Get out there mate!