The Great Bivvy Dilemma

moley

Reaction score
i'm a lucky lad, just come into some money, and thought i'd treat myself to a top of the range bivvy, but which one, trakker armodillo 2 man, jrc sti 2 man, fox frontier, nash viper 2 man, badger igloo, what do you guys recommend, i'm looking for easy set up, but i wont it to be strong, and long lasting.........

F

Frothey

This one!

or a viper. you could struggle to get 2man bivvies into a lot of swims. why bother (unless theres two of you!)

Steve Cartwright

Reaction score
I have used the JRC 2 man STI all last winter and this season too,well impressed with it! been out in all weathers from frost to terrential rain,for the money you will not buy better!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Apart from the trolley you need to aid in the transport of the STi. That groundsheet weighs a ton.

Armadillo 1 man with extended winter skin.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Fox Euro Easy Dome - I've had quite a few different bivvies and have always gone back to this one, reason being:

WINTER - the bivvy comes with an internal compartment that suits any angler for both space and comfort plust warmth and speed.

SUMMER - it stands head above the rest when it comes to a shelter as you don't need the inner compartment, but you still get excellent protection.

SUMMARY - Its an excellent all-rounder to suit all ocasions. No matter what you read about the dillo's going up in less than 2 minutes, it just isn't the case. A couple of my mates have the dillo's and on speed erecting (ooo-er missus) they are happy to admit that they don't come anywhere close when it comes to putting it up. The new euro's have windows in the side too which really do cut down on over heating on the those summer days.

There you go....Before any disgarees, let them first state they've owned one!

Tim Ridge

Reaction score
Fox Evolution plus bivvy.
Lightweight, weighs less than a 3rd of some of those mentioned.
Speed, its up in less than 2 minutes,
Versatility, can be used similar to a brolly (but with no central boss to bang your head on)or as a full bivvy system.
Quality, made from 6oz material no need to say any more.
Stability, absolutely rock solid.
Even the pegs suplied are of a very high quality.
Price ?200

stu

Reaction score
I have just bought the Nash (???). Its the one that can convert from 1 to 2 man.

First time up, main zip on the front broke. I contacted Nash direct and they said that it was an issue, and that they would now put on heavy duty zips.

Heavy duty zips !?!?!?!?!?!?!

Would you have not thought that this would be a pre-requisite ?

I hope I haven't bought a pup........

W

pup? ahhhhh, short for pupil.

Had it all set up on the school playing fields did we?

G

Gary Knowles 2

Stu,

The dome may be alright in the temperate climate of Southern England but it would be blown away in what we class as a gentle breeze up Norf?.

Get on the Dillo?..

Sh*t, did I just agree with Wol ??????

G

Gary Knowles 2

ps - I'm gonna have to come on the carp forum more often. I forgot how much fun it can be !!!!

M

michael rouse

If you have lots of money then get an AQUA with side sheets etc. Everyone knows they are the best on the market but people will recommend what they have.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
they also take about an hour to put up Michael!

Barney, must be better than sticklebat banter with tired old wannabees, in fairness, your probably nearly welcome!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Also Barney you said "Sh*t, did I just agree with Wol ??????"

The answer is no mate, cos old 'jelly back' changes his views on a new wind!

W

2 minutes Michael, dont listen to know it all lardo-riggy-aligner-hair-blowback Dennis. I dont even own a Dillo but have friends (Roto not included) that have and cant reco them strongly enough.