Summer Is Almost Here

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Hi ALL and can I be the first to wish everyone a Happy Xmas.....

Ok Summer is fast approching down south and I am keen to get back onto the koi but Im looking for some new bait ideas....before you all start giving me boilies and such like please bear this in mind I cant get any recognised coarse/carp baits down here in NZ it all has to be available in Supermarkets or Animal feed etc etc, no flavours additives etc with a capr name on it I simply cant get it.....so any suggestions????
Thanks in Advance Oh and Happy Easter

Wooly

Reaction score
Most dry catfoods will do the job. I often use one called meow mix in beef, chicken and liver flavour.
Grind it to powder in a food / coffee mixer, sieve out the lumps and mix it with beaten eggs to make a stiff paste.
If you want a boilie, roll into balls about 14mm in diameter and boil for 1.5 minutes then leave to cool.
I find it works best as a paste directly on the hook.
I am sure with a bit of experimentation you will find a suitable version down there.
Works well for big catfish as well.

F

Frothey

maize or peanuts all the way. if you use peanuts, you can pretend you're trying to kill the carp!

C

Cakey

and I thought it was summer all year round down there Kiwi

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
So did I when we first got here funny how quick you get climatised.....
So anyone else got any suggestions and thanks for the ones already given...Kia Ora

Wooly

Reaction score
Have you tried the obvious - tinned corn is a superb carp catcher.

Kiwi Carper

Reaction score
Tinned, frozen fresh baby corn flavoured died...yup pretty much used every typr of corn there is.....LOL but thanks for the suggestion Wooly