Ron & Matt

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Now that's what I call fishing, A good bag of barbel and bream from two good anglers that know their stuff.
Mind you, when I saw the first photo of Ron, I thought it was God himself.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I would like to add that a month or so ago, somebody mentioned that Ron should do an article on barbell fishing on the Trent.
Somebody else also said that Matt should do an article on the Trent for bream fishing.
They meet up; fish within yds of each other, and both catch the desired species. It can?t get any better than that can it?

G

Gary Knowles 2

I'm sure you were Matt. I had about 8 or 9 bream that night (Ron will tell me exactly how many I'm sure), all around 4-5lb. good stuff for the match lads but a bit of a pain when your after barbel.

Ron always tells people thats the best swim but he actualkly knows it a bream hole ;o)

S

sash

He did the same to me Gary! Had some nice ones though and as Ron says they aren't too slimey!

J

john conway

Nice article Ron, like Peter Jacobs say, I'm also going to have to get my backside into gear and pay a visit to the Trent.

Mick Parkinson

Reaction score
Good read that, showed it to a friend who's now invited me for an evening session on the Trent this week. Can't wait!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Glad you all liked the write-up.

The crowning glory is of course Matt's photography, and it's got nowt to do with the fact that he has a top of the range Canon.

He is bloddy good and I hope we at FM see more of his talents.

He can also fish a bit!!!

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Hey and it's a proper river innit chaps.

No southern ditch!!! :eek:)

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
An excellent article that I thoroughly enjoyed reading. As Ron said the first rate photos,they were a big bonus.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron says:

"No southern ditch" . . . . . now let me tell you Mr. Ron (the north is the only place in the world) Clay, down here in the civilised south . . . .

Whoa . . . hold on . . . let me just spit that particular bait out and swim off on my merry way.

Cheers me Dear :)

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Hey Peter, I am not talking about my and your beloved Avon.

You know what I am talking about.

And by the way the Avon and Stour are in Wessex, the West country, NOT the South.

Actually I stopped next to the Thames near Henley yesturday to offload some NH3 flavoured H2O (as you do on a long trip) and I was quite disappointed with what I saw.

The Thames these days looks like a blinking large canal between locks. Totally unbarbelly. No fast runs over gravel, nor fronds of streamer weed.

And the bluddi M25. It took me over 1 1/2 hours to get from the A1 junction to the M4 junction. And that is only a few miles in Africa terms. And that wasn't during the rush hour.

I really feel for you people who live there.

Rotherham is paradise compared with this balls-up.

You may have money, but money will not buy you space in this area.

T

tommo

Hi Ron,

Enjoyed the write up.

I had a couple of days on the Lower Trent last month with my old mate Fred Bonney.

First time on the Trent for me, and I really enjoyed it (as you say the good company helps.)

Also took a new pb at Sutton which really topped the trip off.

Will hopefully get up again, if I can tear myself away from the lower Severn and Wye :eek:)

J

jason fisher

good write up that one ron, i'm getting the urge to head home.

p.s. BAZ sorry about cutting you off last night my phone ran out of juice and the pc was in use, i'll phone you later about half past 6.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Ron,

I know what you meant :)

b.t.w. I spent a happy hour or so on Monday down on that stretch of the Avon at by old cottage just watching the Trout. Some of those fish are getting to a very decent size you know, they were in that little weirpool where you took the photographs.
Also, I spotted 3 very nice Chub which I might get permission to fish for if his Lordship is in a good mood that is, before the SADAA net them and move them off downstream again.