Have You Purchased From an FM Advertiser?

Have you purchased from an FM advertiser?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Have you purchased from an FM advertiser?

This could be tackle, holidays, insurance or any products or services advertised.

Last edited:

Rickrod

Reaction score
I use fishtec all the time have done for a few years

Reaction score
I must say that I forgot to add a category.

eg I have never purchased from an FM advertiser. However, I have bought various items on the back of ADVICE, INFORMATION and RECOMMENDATIONS on FM.

In my opinion many items sell not because of the advertising, but because of networking and word of mouth - very powerful.

904_cannon

Reaction score
Durham City, Co Durham ... STILL The Land of The P
The only mail order company I ever use is Fosters of Birmingham, not sure whether they advertise on FM but Ive never purchased any tackle on line.

I use Fosters because of the good service and they were recommended not because of any advertisement.

To be honest having spent a small fortune on small adds in free papers/directory's I often wondered whether this type of advertising benefits anyone but the company displaying the adverts. At times the cost was greater than a weekly income :(
As you say Mr, C, word of mouth/recommendations is/are far better, at least for a small business/sole trader

Last edited:
Reaction score
This thread has had 223 views and so far only 18 people have bothered to vote.

Perhaps that is an indication that most members have never purchased from an FM advertiser (old or new) and are too 'embarrassed' to admit it.