I'm "GUTTED"

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
No more chatting to the security gaurds on arrival warning me that the S.A.S are around, though I would not see them (just have to be careful when having a pee). No more Police doing bomb and terror practice with bits of bones with red painted circles around them and old cars. No more "YOU HORRIBLE LITTLE MAN" as squadies do the assault course. No more squadies crashing through the under growth looking for check points that are nowhere near the lake. No more helecopters or light aircraft over head. No more RATATATATAT of the firing range. No more faces in jungle paint. No more squirrels frightening the life out of me by dropping bombs on my head or running amock under my chair. No more longtail tits twittering in the trees beside me. No more kingfishing flittering about. No more little robin sat on my tackle bag next to me, under my brolly as it's raining (use to take maggots just feed it). No more 2lb roach, loads of perch on maggot or worm (all ways a good way to save a blank, not that I had many on the lake). No more bags of bream that actually had some fight. No more carp that took you under all the trees that lined the lake (talk about having to hang on for dear life). No more absolutely wild brown trout that jumped whilst attatched to a swim feeder then once in the net, swam up the sides along the mesh.
Only 10 pegs on the lake, 12 members that could fish it and I have never fished with any more than 4 of us, more often than not, on my own. Could not even get a mobile phone signal unless I hiked all the way up the banking and over the field to the lane.
The guy who had the fishing rights had to give it up, family and work commitments.
Suppose I will have to settle for the club waters and all the noise of the motorway.

Wobbly Face (As Per Ed)

Reaction score
I might get shot Stealth. It's M.O.D. land for military trainng. They even used the lake for diving exercises so we had to book in at the tackle shop the day prior to going fishing. Then we had to report to the security lodge to make sure it was safe to go fishing.