Graham Marsden in Anglers Mail

Blunderer

Reaction score
Being called a "hero", no less....

And manages a big barbel for the camera.

Couple of good plugs for the site too.

Nice one Graham. How the hell did you manage to foulhook that minnow?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
There are so many of them you only have to reel in. I've stopped using a wrap on the boilie because of the minnows. It just makes them collect in greater numbers around the hook. Three or four times now I've caught pike when barbelling, due to them grabbing the minnow. Bloody Dove is thick with them, but maybe they account for some of the recent extra growth in the barbel. They make maggot and caster fishing impossible.

Blunderer

Reaction score
I thought the picture was a bit gruesome for the Angler's Mail! Its guts were hanging out!!!!!!

M

MaNick

ye, i spotted it...

"look sarah, gay boys mate is in the angling times as well NOW!"...

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I have noticed in the AT that they have picked up and are trying to steal our thread on the best river in the editors bit on the letters page.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
MaNick, AM not AT. And I'm glad you've got me down as his mate and not his partner....

Saw that as well Bryan, Richie knows a good storyline when he spots one, that's why he's editor.

On a more serious note, I'm pleased my 14lb Dove barbel and other good fish at the time have attracted the recognition they have. A Drennan award in AT and three page coverage in AM with Ian Welch is superb considering that it's a fish from due north and not so outstanding compared to some of the monsters that come out of the Ouse, etc.

What pleased me as much as anything was the comment that Fishingmagic is "widely regarded as one of the finest angling sites on the internet."

And it was a pleasure fishing with Ian Welch, who I have the highest regard for, both as an angler and a friend.

G

Gary Knowles 2

Ian' a good bloke, that's for sure...

for a Southerner, anyway !

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Kin ell, the pair of ya at it now, dont be bitching over him now and all that.

xxx

;o)

ps, nice one Graham.

B

Big Rik

"widely regarded as one of the finest angling sites on the internet."

bloody cheek

Ian and everyone else knows it's the best and biggest.
That's why half the magazine writers troll through the site looking for article inspiration.

Richard Lee 2

Reaction score
Yes, I admit it, I do look on the site for ideas - it's full of good leads and suggestions.
By the way, some bombshell news in next week's paper. I'll drop you a line on Monday, Graham.

M

MaNick

SORRY Graham, i should have known, i dont even READ the other one!....

Anyway, great article!... next time you see Ian, any chance of a FM get together on one of his venues again?

G

Gary Knowles 2

This months Coarse Angling Today has an article on carp fishing by Tony Miles entiltled.

"PIGS WITH FINS"..

Now where have you lot heard that before I wonder ?