** Help required urgently **

Nathan

Reaction score
A couple of nights ago, a small organisation called For Life Experience, which is based near Romsey, had their containers broken into. FLE help teach kids from under privileged areas, with problems etc, how to fish. It helps keep the kids off the streets and hanging round outside shops.

Graham Maybe who runs the organisation, has done some amazing work over the last 3 years, and has helped many kids.

The containers were full of all the fishing kit that is used by FLE, it wasn't high value tackle, so the thieves will not really get anything for the loot they have stolen. If they can't get enough money together this summer from the tutorials, then FLE won't last the winter.

If any of you have an old float rod, or any bits of kit you won't use anymore, FLE could use your help, anything to help them get back up and running, as the summer is their busiest time of year, with the schools being shut. Any little thing will help, crappy old landing nets, floats, hooks, every bit will be used by these kids.

For Life Experiences || Fishing, Archery, Laser Clay Shooting | Hampshire

Last edited:

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Thieves really are the scum of the earth.

I will search my stuff Nathan but I have not been fishing long enough to build up any old or unused tackle and I can't think of anything useful I have off the top of my head.

I wonder if a Mod could make this a sticky or whatever it's called?

Nathan

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Just so you know, i have no connection with this charity - i was just informed of the problem & thought we may be able to pull together a few bits. I'll be raiding my garage later for any unused items of tackle.

Paul - i totally agree with you. I cant believe someone would steal stuff thats a) from a charity and b) for the kids. It's totally disgusting.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Sean.

I'm looking forward to GM's bash this weekend.

---------- Post added at 05:44 ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 ----------

Anyone who is going to the GM fish-In this weekend can give their donation to me and I'll ensure that it gets to the right people.

Nathan

Reaction score
Collection points have been set up at the following places;

Poingdestres Carp Cabin - Shirley Near Southampton.
Yately Angling Centre
Fosters Of Birmingham
Cooperman at Perfection Groundbaits

PLEASE MARK ALL KIT FAO FLE so that they put it to one side for collection. Just drop it into the shops and they will store it for them.

If you don't live near those shops then the address is;

FLE Angling and Outdoor Pursuits
Greenridge Farm Fisheries
Green Lane
Ampfield
Hants
SO51 9BN

---------- Post added at 08:18 ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 ----------

S-Kippy,

I sent them an e-mail a couple of hours ago asking for details. Providing they reply I'll post it on FM.

Graham (from FLE) has a contact number on the site. I've left him a message & suggested he comes on here for himself so he can introduce himself. Im sure he's a very busy but hopefully he'll get the chance to pop in.

Nathan

Reaction score
I have just received the following from Graham:

Hi Nathan

Thanks for your support. Would be a pleasure to meet up to discuss things with you, we are always looking to expand so who knows what could happen in the future.

I am having to use my phone to check work emails and have a huge back log. Would you kindly pass my thanks onto all who are helping our cause and as soon as I get a computer and get online I will post a personal message of thanks.

Off to fish the semi finals of the british carp champs tonight so will not be contactable, hopefully we get some good luck after all that has happened this week!

Thanks again.

Graham Mabey
FLE

rains

Reaction score
Thieves really are the scum of the earth.

I will search my stuff Nathan but I have not been fishing long enough to build up any old or unused tackle and I can't think of anything useful I have off the top of my head.

I wonder if a Mod could make this a sticky or whatever it's called?
Indeed they are but why was the company not insured i know its not the point and wish them the best of luck