stainless steel barrows

mark alston

Reaction score
Hi there, I have recently undertook a project for a friend to manufacture an all welded stainless steel constructed fishing barrow, we were both pleased with the project and he mentioned how difficult it was to source one for a resonable price. I am giving strong consideration to using my current surplass time from manufacturing waste compactors. www.pakmaster.co.uk to produce these hand made all stainless barrows. I would value any comments here and indeed any indications of anyone else who currently offer full stainless steel barrows.

J

Jeff (Cheeky Monkey) Woodhouse

Serious question - how much do you think it's going to weigh?

2nd question - will it be motorised?

Just thinking about the weight of stainless pods over standard pods. The ones I've seen anyway.

J

Jeff (Cheeky Monkey) Woodhouse

Just like pushing a bus, it still takes effort, but good luck with it. I'd like to see one that didn't rot away within 3 years of buying it.

mark alston

Reaction score
Initialy it wouldnt be motorised,but that is certainly the way to go for the top end of the market. You have to consider that the product would be expensive enough compared to painted mild steel, the raw material cost is roughly 3 times that of mild steel, so motorisation could possibly outprice the product. The weight issue is negligable the weight differance of stainless over mild steel is very slight. I will ask my friend to weigh the trolley i built but in short would weight a couple of pounds over anything you may have used.

thanks for your comments.

L

Les Clark

Mark, a silly question maybe, but would you be able to "break it down" or would it fold up to get it into a car ?

mark alston

Reaction score
The main body will fit in a boot of a car and the legs and handles are removable with screw attachments, you just slide in and fasten. the sides are hinged and adjustable for width. The Wheel (protype) or possibily wheels are also slide and fasten. So to answer you question Les. It does both and yes you could.

Again thanks for your input.

I will post a picture of the protype when my friend gets me a digital picture of the barrow.