Highfield Fishery, NW England

A

Andy Petryczkwycz

Hi All - just found this forum.

Has anyone any experience of this fishery in the miserable weather we are having at the moment? If so what baits would you recommend to take? I'm there at the weekend.
Thanks

B

Big Rik

if it's the one near Blackpool then they've got a website here

Andy...
please explain how to pronounce your name..

I'd hate to think how some of the northern oiks say it, when you can barely understand them asking for spare change.....

T

Twainy

Andy,
I dont know if you know the area much but its pretty flat so the wind could be very important.
The forecast for that area shows a rise in temperature of 1c on Friday but the night temp is up 6c so it might be a decent time as the weekend forecast is pretty constant.
I have no wind forecasts but the forecast is for light rain and showers so there will be some sort of breeze.

A

Andy Petryczkowycz

Thanks guys. Looks like its bivvy time for a day according to the weather reports.

Regarding the surname its pronounced
"PET-RICH-KO-VITCH" if thats any help.
Andy Pet for short.

I've only fished the venue once before and went blind. Caught 2 carp, 1 about 8oz and the other about 1lb. Highly embarassing if you know they start in the early doubles and go up to 30ish! Not a very good fight on 2lb T/C rods and 15lb line - LOL.

Sorry, Highfields is located in the Fylde. Its just over the River Wyre at Hambleton. Poulton and Kirkham are pretty close.

Will keep reading the responses and let you all know how I get on - even if I blank.

This is my first year at full on carping and I'd like to carry on through the winter wether I catch or not.

I've actually broke my PB carp 3 times this year starting at 10.5lb and best was 12.5lb - I'm still learning. Although my best fish is a 16lb 10oz Sturgeon from a North West stillwater.

Neil Howard 4

Reaction score
Hi Andy welcome to the mad house. Do you ever fish the river Wyre and if so why bother with carp pools when you fight with a real wild carp. Neil

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Not been there wrong side of the river i know the blackpool side quite well. Looks a good place will have to give it a try one day.
You should give the Ribble a look if you are local some excellent fish showing at the moment. Drop in on the Chub fish-in on the 2nd Dec good day out and you get to meet some of the guy's of here.

Were are you based Andy i am in Blackburn. Maybe i could point you at a few spots.

Neil Howard 4

Reaction score
2nd of dec do you know something we dont Bryan. thought it was on the 4th or are you doing pre baiting wink wink.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Sorry Neil thats the date of the Yorkshire BS next meeting. I have took a few days of with working nights and had that date in my head.

As to the pre-baiting no point as i have no idea were i am fishing yet.

A

Andy Petryczkowycz

With the weather being like it is at the moment - do you reckon the carp will still feed? As I said earlier, I have only targetted carp during the summer months before now.

Thanks for all your responses so far.

A

Andy Petryczkowycz

Went on Saturday - was a tough day.

7 anglers on the place with not much doing then my indicator went off.

I ended up with a 17.5lb Common in pristine condition. I'll have the photo soon and will post.

The carp fell to a tiger nut boilie - mmmm nice.

Neil Howard 4

Reaction score
Well done Andy a good fish. - mmmm nice WOT WITH CHIPS AND PEAS AND A CUP OF T (I should have been in the Macclads)????????